School teaches you many of the fundamental things you’ll need, a basic grip in order to be a genuine success during your life, including Maths, English, Science, Finance, to mention a few. But not everything is chalked up on blackboards.
Listed in this article are 6 Essential Skills that determine your success yet aren’t part of a typical school curriculum.
1. HOW TO SPOT A SCAM: As a rule, School doesn’t teach about how to spot the signs of a swindler. Knowing a scammer when you see one is something that is important in today’s world, especially in a day and age in which so many are able to hide behind the shifting face of the internet.
2. HOW TO APPROPRIATELY POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA: I can guarantee you that this is one of the biggest things that needs to be addressed to students. I can’t even begin to imagine how many times students and other individuals post filthy, immoral and repulsive contents on the net.
3. MONEY AND CAREER ISN’T EVERYTHING: It’s good to have a well paying job,a big house, and a glossy car. We know this because it is what school facilities drum in our heads from day one. It’s a simple equation: Working Hard at school + Good Grades= Better Prospects = More Money. However, cash can actually be toxic if handled in wrong way that has the ability to make people lose their joy. Wealth and happiness are two different things which must be taught.
4. HOW TO ENGAGE IN SELF DEFENSE: There are depressingly high number of dangerous people out there in the world who might one day target you personally. To stay safe, it is important to learn the very basics of self defense – what to do and what to say. Self defense is an integral part of life which will help boost your confidence, keep you happy and allow you to live a highly successful life.
5. HOW TO PREPARE FOR A JOB INTERVIEW: Although some schools are the stepping up in teaching high school students how to create resumes and cover letters, but they do not teach on how to ace a job interview. For example, how to research the company beforehand, the dressing part, how to answer the interview questions e.t.c
6. NETWORKING SKILLS: Managing your internet profile is much more than having a high number of ‘LIKES’. You need to improve your networking skills by keeping your appearance in check. Your online appearance should speak a lot about you. When you improve your online appearance you will be able to make potential employers recognize your maturity as a person. Schools ought to teach the act of crafting your very own unique internet identity.
Other essential skills school doesn’t teach includes:
✓How to invest
✓How to negotiate
✓How to find your passion
✓How to communicate skills
We can conclude that at school we aren’t taught some essential skills we need to succeed in life. We need to develop such skills ourself.
What are some of the other things they don’t teach you in school that you can think of?
Please I will welcome your comments.