Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time, Status: Permanent
Annual Salary: (P3-UA 49,106.81 USD 77,480.72) / (P4- UA 56,591.37 USD 89,289.87)
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2019
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Division: Administration & Human Resources
Institution: Community Court Of Justice, ECOWAS
Line Supervisor: Head of Division, Administration & Human Resources
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance and Head of Division Administration and Human Resources, the incumbent shall be responsible for providing administrative services by ensuring the analysis, the follow-up and the coordination in line with the established rules and regulations of the Community.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out smooth operation of the administrative functions including work environment, space, equipment and information retrieval system;
- Assist in identifying the operational needs and develop and support the implementation of the rules to facilitate the workflow process;
- Provide information to staff regarding office administration procedures, processes and practices;
- Ensure the implementation of all the initiatives that will enable a rational management of the material, human resources (logistics and procedures);
- Ensure the preparation of objective, accurate, coherent reports in conformity with ECOWAS Rules and Regulations;
- Ensure the efficient reporting of actions implemented and results to the Chief of Staff;
- Optimize document flow management and propose process improvement solutions;
- Provide technical and logistical assistance in the organization of activities;
- Provide support to the Office in the analysis and review of incoming and outgoing files and documents;
- Provide day-to-day support in planning and coordinating the activities of the Office;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him by the direct superior.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree in Management or a related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration and human resources management
- Good knowledge of ECOWAS Administrative and Procurement Regulations and Procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to use basic SAP/ECM HCM modules to carry out human resource functions, to include basic data entry, extraction and interpretation
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS Key Competences:
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences;
- Ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Ability to seek out best practices to make organizational decisions of relevance to diversity management, ensuring that project and program activities identify vulnerable areas and contain systemic checks.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
- 2 Maintenance Assistants,
- 2 Store Assistants,
- 10 Drivers
How to Apply
Download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation to: ChargedadminP23@ecowas.int using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Download Application Form (Ms Word)