APPLY: Lagos State Basic Digital Skills Training Program 2023 For Young Nigerians
Join the Lagos State Digital Skills Training Program 2023! Open to young Nigerians aged 16-35. Upgrade your digital skills with top-notch training and certifications. Don’t miss this opportunity
About the Digital Skills Training Program
Lagos State has launched the Basic Digital Skills Training Program for 2023.
This program is the result of a collaboration between Lagos State, Microsoft, Tech4Dev, and other key partners. Its goal is to enhance the digital proficiency of young Nigerians.
What is this Program About?
Lagos State’s Basic Digital Skills Training Program is a joint effort involving Microsoft, Tech4Dev, and the Lagos State Government.
This training initiative, supported by the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (SETF), aims to provide 100,000 young Lagos residents with fundamental digital skills.
Digital Skills Nigeria (DSN) is a long-term program where many groups, including private, public, and non-profit ones, work together.
Microsoft started it to help important government groups get better at offering training and jobs that fit what local businesses need.
The program teaches young Nigerians, aged 16-35, about digital skills, from basic to advanced. Microsoft, the national communication and digital group, Tech4Dev, and other partners work together on this.
The main goal is to help government groups improve and get better at using technology to train and find jobs for people.
- Hosted By: Lagos State Government, DSN, Microsoft, and Tech4Dev
- Category: Fellowships | Training
- Open To: Nigerians
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: Not specified
More Details on the Training Program
The 2023 Digital Skills Training Program is designed for young Nigerians aged 16 to 35. Participants will receive digital skills training, starting from the basics and advancing to more intricate courses.
This program is facilitated by a coalition of Microsoft, the Federal Ministry of Communication and Digital Economy, Tech4Dev, and key figures from both the public and private sectors.
Who Can Join?
If you’re thinking about joining, make sure you:
- Are a young Nigerian aged between 18 and 35
- Live in Lagos
- Can commit to the training sessions
Key Training Areas
Once in the program, you can expect training in:
- Basic computer skills and digital literacy
- Online communication and safe online practices
- Content creation and management
- Tools such as Microsoft Excel, Office 365, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and PowerPoint
Certification in Basic Digital Literacy
By completing the training, you’ll earn a certificate that verifies your skill in core digital areas:
- Basic computer use
- Handling online information
- Communicating online safely and responsibly
- Producing digital content
- Collaborative digital work and content management
- Mastering Microsoft tools: Excel, Office 365, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and PowerPoint
Advanced Digital Skills Certification
For those looking to further specialize, the program offers advanced training and certification in:
- Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
- Azure DevOps Engineer (AZ-400)
- Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500)
- Azure Data Scientist (DP-100)
- Security Administrator (MS-500)
- Power BI Data Analyst (PL-300)
How to Apply
Think you fit the bill? Ready to enhance your digital skill set?