Australian student visa It is one of the concerns of those interested in studying in Australia.
Many students have questions:
- Is it difficult to apply for a student visa?
- What documents are required? How much money do I have to have in my account?
- Can the student visa work as well?
Let’s go through the details to unlock worries and doubts.
Australian student visa application: We can apply 90 days in advance of the start date, so applicants should prepare to apply for a visa as early as or at least 6 weeks before the start date.
Australian Student Visa Application Process (Short Form)
Note: Fees are based on exchange rates as of April 2020, prices are subject to change.
Preliminary Australian Student Visa Application Documents
Applying for an Australian student visa is a multi-step process and requires a number of documents. The VoiceofNigeria team has prepared a list of the documents students will need to apply for a student visa for applicants under 18 (for students who Under 18 years of age, additional documents are required. comment below for more information.)
Note : Each applicant has different details, so some people may be required to present additional visa application documents other than those listed.)
A genuine temporary entrant (GTE) or personal statement is a letter of recommendation (very important). It should be comprehensive, for example:
- Education and work history
- Reasons for choosing to study in Australia
- Reasons for choosing courses and institutions
- expectation to receive After graduating from Australia
- post-graduation plans
It is recommended that you write no more than 3 pages of A4 paper and the information written in the letter must be correct and true.
What will you rfer to, such as where you have studied and worked? Should have documents showing or if you have relatives in Australia Must be able to show evidence of legal relationship, etc.
- Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) Registration Confirmation to be obtained from educational institutions After accepting admission and pay the tuition deposit and health insurance
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Student Health Cover that can be purchased through an educational institution that accepts admission
- Passports should be valid for the length of time you plan to study in Australia or at least more than 1 year prior to your travel date.
- (if any) certificate of name change or surname
- ID card
- (if any) driving license
- (if any) Marriage certificate or divorce certificate
- Educational documents such as transcripts and graduation certificates
- (if applicable) English language results such as IELTS or TOEFL
- Work History – CV (For those who have graduated more than 1 year, a certificate of employment should be presented everywhere. until the last job)
History of traveling abroad in the past 10 years
(if any) history of visa refusal (all types and from all countries that have been filed and get a visa refusal result)
- Copy of passports of all family members
- Proof of financial position (personal or sponsor) i.e. a bank statement and bank statement for at least 6 months, issued by the bank or a certificate of annual income from the Revenue Department, equivalent to AUD$62,222.
- Documents from sponsors or financial sponsors include
– proof of income source. (Certificate of work or certificate of the company)
– Proof of financial status
– Copy of Passport
– Proof of relationship between applicant and sponsor (eg birth certificate or house registration etc.).
How much money should I show in my account to apply for an Australian student visa?
Proof of financial standing should show that it covers tuition, cost of living and travel expenses. according to the following criteria
- Tuition fees (maximum 1 year)
- Living expenses (maximum 1 year) AUD$21,041 per year (approximately 61,19,494 Naira)
- Travel expenses AUD$2,500 (approximately 7,27,091 Naira)
- Can show annual income equivalent to AUD$62,222 (approximately 1,80,96,440 million baht).
Can Australian student visa work part-time?
Australian student visa holders can work part-time for 40 hours per 2 weeks during the semester and can only start working from the start date.
Subscribe Voice of Nigeria for more updates on Applying for an Australian Student Visa