Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) has invited interested and eligible candidates for Assistant IT Officer recruitment 2020.
Aspirants who look forward to applying for NIQS Assistant IT Officer Recruitment 2020 can go through the complete article to know more.
We only publish verified and authentic information at voiceognigeria.org.ng.
Let’s read about recruitment updates, current status, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
|Job Title:||Assistant IT Officer|
|Recruitment Agency||Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS)|
|Job Location:||Gwarinpa, Abuja|
|How to Apply:||Apply Online|
18th November, 2020
Assist the IT Officer in the provision of a prompt and effective IT technical support service as follows:
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Provide user, workstation, audio/visual, Wi-Fi/Internet connectivity support.
- Prioritize assigned tasks dependent on urgency and understanding of Institute/department requirements.
- Setup, support and maintenance of IT equipment, network infrastructure and security, internal audio/visual, workstation, Wi-Fi/internet connectivity equipment for other employees, within events and office areas.
- Fault resolution of corporate end-user software and technology.
- Work within the Information Technology department answering support queries via phone, email and in person.
- Liaise with external service providers, suppliers and Institute employees in order to ascertain and resolve any issues.
- Create and maintain helpdesk jobs ensuring jobs are correctly assigned and work logs are added where necessary.
- Resolve faults and answer queries as requested by the IT Officer or senior technical staff within the time frames requested.
- Perform other IT support tasks as shown or requested by senior technical staff.
- Provide support to and assist IT technical team personnel as necessary.
- Escalate more complex calls to the IT Officer.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to service management principles.
- Undertake any other duties as from time to time as may be required by the Institute.
- The candidate must have NCE / OND in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related areas of study.
- Candidate MUST have at least two (2) years experience in an IT-related role. Customer Service Experience is essential.
- Experience in connecting devices to private and public Wi-Fi.
- Experience in connecting audio/visual equipment and video playback i.e. display screens, televisions, projectors
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the role (including some weekend work)
- Knowledge of Website management and Internet Technology
- Experience of supporting others with technology issues
- Understanding of Health and Safety concepts
- Ability to analyse user/customer-provided information and determine possible issues and faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate well with people of all technical or non-technical levels and experiences, in order to explain faults and corrective actions to be taken.
- A willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Assistant IT Officer” as the subject of the email.
Register for Job Updates
For All Job Vacancies, 2020 then register today.
Steps to Register Free
Leave a Reply