Apply Now for Canada 2023 Seasonal Work Visa
If you’re seeking opportunities abroad, Canada might be your next destination. The Canadian government offers two seasonal programs under which they invite international workers.
This guide will walk you through the Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process for 2023. Plus, we’ll share the list of LMIA Approved Seasonal Jobs for foreign talent.
Canada’s agriculture sector is quite welcoming. You don’t need an advanced degree to apply for these roles. Even if you have primary or secondary education, you’re good to go.
The key is to secure a job offer from a Canadian employer. Once that’s in place, you can proceed with the work permit application.
There are many seasonal jobs in Canada. Both Canadians and people from other countries can apply. Let’s look more closely at this.
Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: Canada
- Program Name: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program
- Eligibility: Any Temporary Foreign Worker
- LMIA Status: Positive LMIA Approved
- Visa Category: Agriculture Worker
Support Provided by Canadian Employers to Foreign Agricultural Workers
Are you a foreign worker thinking about working in Canada, especially in farming? There’s a special program in Canada called the Agriculture Stream: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program. This program lets foreign workers come to Canada to work on farms. If you are part of this program, Canadian employers offer lots of help. Let’s talk about the kind of support you can expect.
- Travel Costs: First, think about the cost of flying to another country. It can be very expensive, right? But in this program, you don’t have to worry about that. The Canadian farm or company that hires you will pay for your flight to Canada. And when it’s time for you to go back home, they’ll pay for that flight too. This is a big help because you can come to work without spending a lot of your own money on travel.
- A Place to Live: Once you reach Canada, you will need a place to stay. Searching for a house or room can be hard, especially in a new country. But the good news is, the Canadian employer will help you with that too. They will find a good, safe place for you to live. It will be a place where you can be comfortable. And they will make sure it’s not too expensive. This means you can live without worries and focus on your job.
- Health Care: Health is very important. What if you get sick in Canada? Medical treatment can be costly. But under this program, the Canadian employer has another great benefit for you. They will pay for your health insurance. With this insurance, if you need to see a doctor or go to the hospital, it won’t cost you a lot of money. Your health will be taken care of.
- Learning and Training: Some people think that when they go to another country, they just do their job and nothing else. But in Canada, some employers give you a chance to learn more. They might offer training. This means they will teach you new things that can help you do your job better. This training can also be useful in the future. It’s like a bonus: you earn money, and you also learn new skills.
To sum it all up, coming to work in Canada as a foreign agricultural worker has many benefits. The Canadian employer helps in many ways. They cover your travel costs, find you a good place to live, take care of your health, and even give you a chance to learn. It’s like a full package of support. So, if you’re thinking about working abroad, Canada’s Agriculture Stream is a great choice. It offers not just a job but also lots of help and care.
You may like:
Eligible Jobs and Their Codes (Agriculture Stream)
If you’re curious about which jobs qualify under the Agriculture Stream, here’s a list:
- 80020: Agriculture Managers
- 80021: Horticulture Managers
- 82030: Farm Supervisors
- 82031: Grounds Maintenance
- 84120: Machine Operators
- 85100: Farm Workers (like livestock handlers)
- 85101: Harvesters (like fruit pickers)
- 85103: Nursery Workers
If you’re hired under the Agriculture Stream, your work permit will last for 3 years.
Canada Seasonal Work Visa Costs
- Work permit application: CAD 150
- Biometrics (if needed): CAD 85
Finding Seasonal Worker Jobs in Canada with LMIA Approval
Several jobs are posted daily on the official “Job Bank Canada” site. Here’s a step-by-step guide to finding and applying:
- Go to Job Bank Canada for Foreign Candidates.
- Click on “Advanced”.
- At the bottom, select “Canadians and international candidates”.
- Enter a job code from the above list, like “85100”, in the “Job title” field.
- Hit “Enter” and view the job listings.
- Click on a job post, read the details, and apply online.
Note: Ensure that the job you apply for is eligible under the Agriculture Stream. Use the provided codes to search on the Job Bank website.
The Canada Seasonal Work Visa Application Process 2023
Once you’ve secured a job:
- Your employer will guide you on the work permit application.
- After gathering all necessary documents, apply for the work permit online.
Here’s where you can apply for the Canada Work Permit.
Remember to always communicate clearly and patiently with your potential employer. Best of luck with your application!