U.S. Embassy in Abuja released an advertisement regarding Computer Management Assistant recruitment 2020, interested and eligible candidates may apply before closing.
We only publish verified and authentic information at voiceognigeria.org.ng.
Let’s read about recruitment updates, current status, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
|Job Title:||Computer Management Assistant|
|Recruitment Agency||U.S. Embassy in Abuja|
N8,569,748 / USD $42,149 per annum.
|How to Apply||Apply by email|
|Application Deadline:||22nd June, 2020|
U.S. Embassy in Abuja Computer Management Assistant Jobs 2020
Here you will get the complete information of jobs like location, requirements, type, the application process, and application deadline.
Job Title: Computer Management Assistant
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible work in the computer field, to include hardware, software, SharePoint and database management with an emphasis on Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office packages, Microsoft SharePoint and training is required.
- Advanced level knowledge of SharePoint, software, computer equipment operations and management, local and wide area network operations, familiar with hardware and software acquisition procedures, computer troubleshooting and repairs is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Programming, Information Security, Mathematics or Computer/Security Engineering is required.
- This may be tested.
- Fluent in the English Language.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interface with personnel within the mission and with help-desk personnel in Washington; ability to quickly adapt to new technology and assist with network planning and ability to interact in a professional manner with embassy and Washington is required.
- Proficiency with Keyboard/Typing skills are required for computer software installation and troubleshooting, as well as for reports and communicating with customers and colleagues. Incumbent must be able to lift up to 10kg.
- S/he must have the ability to configure switches, routers and firewall.
- This will ensure port security is utilized, and that the firewall needed for the configuration of the Dedicated internet Network (DIN) has the appropriate parameters in place for the network protection and security.
System Maintenance Skills:
- The incumbent must be able to open up a workstation, and identify faulty parts and must have the knowledge to make relevant changes to include replacing or adding more memory to the Workstation or replacing the hard drive so that the workstation can function faster and process information better and quicker.
- The incumbent must have a good background in the SharePoint application platform.
- He/She should have a vast knowledge of Web Part creation, design, creation of modules, as well as interactive processing applications using SharePoint.
- This is required to process data as well as create advanced schedules that make use of list (calculated list with formulas and columns), calendars and Microsoft Power BI (which is used to represent data analysis and graphical presentation).
Help-desk Support skills:
- The position must have the ability to communicate with the customers over the phone to solve 1st line support issues by having the ability to explain step by step what the user is required to do to fix the computer problem in a friendly and very explicit manner.
- In addition, the position must have the ability and knowledge to resolve 2nd line support issues by going over to the user and based on advance knowledge will be able to fix these problems faster and in a professional way.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights.
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honourable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF) before you apply.
N8,569,748 / USD $42,149 per annum.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2020.
Register for Upcoming Recruitment
For All Job Vacancies, 2020 then register today.
Steps to Register Free
Leave a Reply