Director of Programs at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
How to Apply: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Director of Programs will work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party and the management team to provide programmatic managerial Oversight and guidance as well as overall strategic direction.
- The Director of Programs will also work closely with program implementation team in Nigeria to ensure project resources are applied appropriately and efficiently (e.g. human resources, finance and administration and procurement) to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Responsibilities include supervising program management staff, overseeing annual work planning, implementation and reporting of project activities.
- The position works closely with M&E Advisor and all the other technical advisors to ensure M&E and other technical strategies and processes are up to date and effectively implemented.
- Advanced degree required in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Business Administration or relevant field
- A minimum of 7+ years mid- to senior- level experience in designing, implementing or managing large, complex health projects in developing countries several technical experts, project, finance and administrative staff
- Strong programming, management and technical skills, especially in HIV projects in developing countries
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations
- Demonstrated experience in implementing public health projects of more than US$1M per year in developing countries, with emphasis on maternal and child health programs.
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials, policymakers, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as a One Single Word document indicating location to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply