Job Location: Bureau pays, Algeria
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 3rd August 2019
Job Title: Driver
Position N°: 50072440
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department/Country Office
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General of the North Region, the Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Country Manager and Perform office messenger duties.
- The position is based in Algeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Transport of the Country Manager, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties as and when required;
- Contribute to the smooth running of office activities, when required;
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the vehicle assigned to it (checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.);
- Carry out minor repairs and ensure that major repairs are brought to the attention of the Country Manager and monitor their execution;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct at all times;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc.;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Perform any other duties requested by the Country Manager.
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Demonstrate initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.