Exploring Exciting Hotel Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship for International Workers in 2023
Dreaming of starting a new journey in Canada? Here’s your big opportunity.
In 2023, the hotel business in Canada is doing really well and making lots of great chances for people who want to work in it from all over the world.
From getting a free visa to earning good money, Canada’s hotel industry is happy to have people from other countries. If you’ve been thinking about coming to Canada, this is the best time to do it and see all the great jobs waiting for you.
The Best Time to Move to Canada
If you want a great chance to move to Canada, this might be your time. You don’t have to pay anything to apply, and there are no fees for agents either.
Also, when you come to Canada, you’ll get even more job benefits, making it even better.
The demand for hotel staff in Canada has skyrocketed, thanks to the growing influx of tourists in the nation.
Because of this increase, hotel workers are making more money now. Usually, a hotel worker can make about 25 Canadian dollars per hour, which adds up to around 60,000 Canadian dollars each year.
Currently, over 20,000 vacancies are up for grabs across various provinces in Canada.
In this guide, we will talk about what you need to get a job in this area, what people who work in hotels do, what jobs you can do later, and places where it’s easy to move to and get a job.
Stay tuned until the end as we unravel the fastest application procedures to secure a job in the Canadian hotel sector and reveal how you can apply autonomously.
What You Need to Get a Job in a Hotel in Canada
Even if you are a newcomer in the hotel industry, Canada welcomes you warmly. Here are the requirements that potential candidates should keep in mind:
- Educational Qualification: A minimum requirement of secondary school graduation or its equivalent is generally expected. However, the upper age limit for applications remains uncapped.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in both written and spoken English is a vital requirement. Nevertheless, as you mingle with diverse groups of people, your language skills are bound to improve.
Relocation Guide: Moving to Canada to Pursue a Career in the Hospitality Sector
- Assess Your Immigration Eligibility: Before making any moves, evaluate your immigration eligibility which includes analyzing your proficiency in French or English.
- Academic Qualifications for Managerial Positions: Although not compulsory, possessing a degree could be a stepping stone if you aspire to work in a managerial role.
- Preparation for Certification: Have your documents ready for verification. Even if you lack experience, fear not, as on-the-job training is typically provided along with evaluations of educational credentials.
Jobs You Can Do in Hotels in Canada
In the hotel sector, the job opportunities are plentiful and diverse. As a hotel employee, you have the liberty to explore various roles, including but not limited to:
- Hotel Owner
- Assistant Manager
- Room Attendant
- Housekeeping Personnel
- Night Auditor
- Maintenance Engineer
- Sales Manager
- Resort Manager
- Event Manager
- Reservation Agent
- Kitchen Assistant
- Security Staff
Each of these roles comes with its set of responsibilities and offers a unique perspective on the hotel industry.
Divisions of Responsibilities in the Hotel Sector
The responsibilities in the hotel sector are multifaceted and can generally be classified into three primary categories:
- Administrative Roles: This segment comprises positions such as managers, assistant managers, and secretaries who oversee the smooth functioning of the hotel operations.
- Front Office and Guest Services: This category includes roles such as front office managers who handle guest reservations and restaurant managers who are responsible for daily operations, addressing customer grievances, and generating financial reports.
- Support Staff: This division encompasses roles like plumbers, gardeners, electricians, and security personnel who work tirelessly to maintain the aesthetics of the hotel and ensure the safety of the guests.
Foreign workers eyeing a career in the Canadian hotel sector can find opportunities galore. Starting as an apprentice in the kitchen, one can climb up the ladder to become a chef with dedication and hard work over the years.
How to Come to Canada to Work in Hotels
If you’re planning to move to Canada to build a career in the hotel sector, here are the top three immigration pathways to consider:
- Express Entry: Open an Express Entry profile and opt for the Federal Skilled Worker Program to begin your journey.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Choose to settle and work in a specific province through its respective Provincial Nominee Program.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: This program caters to intermediate to skilled foreign workers aiming to settle in Canada’s Atlantic provinces.
A Step-by-Step Guide to the Application Process
- Document Preparation: Start by preparing the necessary documentation as per the criteria mentioned above.
- Job Hunting: Utilize platforms such as ca.ine.com, jobbank.gc.ca, and glassdoor.com to find the latest job postings directly from employers. Carefully consider the job descriptions, compensation packages, and other employment perks before applying.
- Application Submission: Follow the instructions on the company website to apply for your chosen position, ensuring it is still open. Remember, applying to multiple positions increases your chances of landing a job.
Canada is a great place if you want a better life with good jobs. If you have what they need, don’t wait, come to Canada.
You can find out about jobs by watching more videos on this channel. Don’t forget to subscribe for lots of info about jobs in other countries.
Good luck with your new adventure.