Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2020/2021
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on “Federal Scholarship Board” ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
- All applicants for Undergraduate Degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2018& 2019) for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Postgraduate Degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
Note (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November, 2019
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for M.Sc and 5-6 years for Ph.D
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identity Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Computer Based Test Venues
- States: Sokoto, Kano
- Venue: Kano Sokoto
- States: Adamawa, Bauchi
- Venue: Yola, Bauchi
- States: FCT, Kwara
- Venue: Bwari, Ilorin
- States: Oyo, Ondo
- Venue: Ibadan, Akure
- States: Delta, Rivers
- Venue: Asaba, Port Harcourt
- States: Enugu, Imo
- Venue: Enugu, Owerri.
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them
- Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA))
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm, 6th December, 2019.