Equal Access International has invited interested and eligible candidates for Field Coordinator recruitment 2020.
Aspirants who look forward to applying for Equal Access International Field Coordinator Recruitment 2020 can go through the complete article to know more.
We only publish verified and authentic information at voiceognigeria.org.ng.
Let’s read about recruitment updates, current status, job title, requirements, application, shortlisted candidates, and other information.
|Job Title:||Field Coordinator (Community Mobilizer)|
|Recruitment Agency||Four Star Boutique Hotel|
|Job Location:||Benue, Plateau and Kastina|
|How to Apply:||Apply Online|
30th September, 2020
Line of Reporting: Program Manager
Organizational Context – Background
- Founded in 2000, Equal Access International (EAI) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with its headquarters in Washington, D.C. and helps communities around the world drive sustainable and transformative change with our proven participatory media, technology, and outreach model.
- By designing solutions with communities, our programming is locally owned and culturally resonant. We build communication ecosystems that take root and thrive, create platforms that elevate marginalized voices, and build locally led movements that shift power, inspire change, and promote creative, positive, and innovative solutions to social issues.
- Working in the practice areas of Peacebuilding & Transforming Extremism, Governance & Civic Engagement, while interweaving the cross-cutting areas of Championing Gender Equality & Women’s Empowerment and Participatory Media & Technology, we currently implement our community-based programming in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines and Somalia.
- Securing Nigerian Communities (SNC) is designed to increase access to information, equip key stakeholders with practical violence reduction tools, and forge new social connections across conflicting groups, while addressing the systemic inequities that present barriers to human security.
- The EAI team will enhance the capacity of key community members, media, local and state government institutions, civil society organizations, and security actors to increase civilian security (CivSec); early warning and early response systems; women and youth participation in decision making; and effective communication flow among targeted communities, civil society, the media, and government agencies.
- The central strategy presented for increasing CivSec is to increase social cohesion and build trust in public institutions.
- The Field Coordinators (FC) lead the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities at the state and local level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to EAI’s Program Management Office (PMO) on the other hand with the objective of achieving project’ goals.
- The FC will further support local capacity building of grantees within their states. S/he will be responsible for supporting Civilian Security Platforms, organizing field workshops, and supporting grantee performance monitoring.
- S/he will report to the Program Manager and will be based in any of the following states of Benue, Plateau and Kaduna.
- The Field Coordinator will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing US led funded activities or potential activities.
- The FC will work with groups to develop activity ideas and as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based in Benue, Plateau and Kaduna states with program activities expected to be carried out in some selected LGAs. The FC is expected to travel often to focal LGAs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Support local capacity building of grantees within the state and focal LGAs
- S/he will be responsible for supporting Civilian Security Platforms (CSPs), organizing field workshops as s/he facilitates the identification and set up of the training/meeting venue, and supporting grantee performance monitoring.
- S/he is responsible for the technical expertise on approaches and methods for organizing community engagement and supports for projects.
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to PM and M&E Manager.
- Work with Program, M&E and finance teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Participate in establishing a community based inclusive safety and security platform for analyzing, preventing and addressing violent conflicts.
- Lead the work to expand cooperation between communities and the local authorities for the implementation of the project and to ensure local needs, priorities and initiatives are integrated into the planning of the local authorities.
- Ensure close and effective collaboration with all key stakeholders and ensure their active participation in all project activities as s/he also ensures community participation including the vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- Support the writing of quarterly reports and review of final Evaluation Reports.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the program manager in the cause of implementing the Securing Nigeria Communities project.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Qualification and Abilities
- University Degree in Sociology, Political Science, International Affairs or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in development / humanitarian activities and/community mobilization or related area is required.
- Experience in community development, and civic engagement is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of local community development security trends and politics is an asset.
- Have experience in community engagement strategies.
- Prior experience with remote management
- Basic knowledge and skill in Data collection, Monitoring and Evaluation issues
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Excellent report writing, record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Good geographical knowledge of the project Communities, L.G.A and State
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Ability to work flexibly, outside of normal office hours and in difficult condition.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in Benue, Kaduna and Plateau state required.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Please note that applications sent after the closing date would not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within one (1) month after the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Please do not send follow-up emails or calls. Please indicate your minimum salary requirements in your cover letter
Register for Job Updates
For All Job Vacancies, 2020 then register today.
Steps to Register Free
Leave a Reply