The World Health Organization (WHO) has released a document that guides employees and employers on how to prevent coronavirus (covid-19) in the service
The work is a place where respiratory infections like the new coronavirus (whose disease is called covid-19) have great potential for multiplication. Now, we talk about places where people stay together for hours, talking to each other and sharing documents, equipment and other materials that can house the virus for hours. How can you prevent the outbreak that is spreading around the world from taking advantage of your service to be broadcast?
This is what a recent document from the World Health Organization (WHO) intends to answer . On Twitter, the entity’s director general, Tedros Ghebreyesus, said that the strategies presented in this article should be adopted by employees and employers even if the country does not have many confirmed cases of the disease. Especially because these tactics, although aimed at the new coronavirus, would also help to contain other contagious diseases.
Next, HEALTH compiled the main points made by WHO. Check out:
Chairs, tables, telephones, keyboards, computers and other equipment need to be cleaned with cloth and disinfectant regularly (surface contamination is one of the main forms of transmission of covid-19).
If possible and in the event of an outbreak, inciting remote work (in a home office scheme , for example) helps to avoid unnecessary contacts. Other than that, employees stop using public transport, where there are large agglomerations.
Promoting respiratory hygiene
- Disposable handkerchiefs should be available at various locations in the workplace for employees to blow their nose or cough without spreading virus droplets . Lidded bins must be on the side to properly dispose of the paper.
- If you are sick or have a fever and respiratory symptoms, don’t go to work. Managers should never charge sick people for the service.
- If you do not have a handkerchief available, cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when you cough or sneeze. And wash your arm as soon as possible.
- The company should distribute alcohol-gel dispensers in visible locations. These devices can also be used to put liquid soap in the bathroom.
- Posters that promote hand washing are another good measure for employers to adopt. Combine this with other communication measures on manual hygiene and other healthy attitudes in the service.
On business trips
- Be sure to check for the latest information on the progress of new coronavirus cases at the location where you intend to go.
- Assess the risks and benefits of travel. Is it possible to postpone or hold a remote meeting?
- Employees with medical conditions that increase the risk of complications from covid-19 deserve special attention when considering whether it is worth traveling to a location with many cases. Examples: people with diabetes and lung or heart disease.
- Consider taking general alcohol for the trip and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Find out who to contact in case of infection with the new coronavirus and obey your local health authorities.
- When returning from a place with an active outbreak, be especially aware of the symptoms of this respiratory disease for 14 days. The company must also monitor the individual during the period.
- If any suspicious signs appear (cough and even a mild fever), stay at home, avoid close contact with family members and contact a doctor.
“Now is the time to prepare against covid-19. Simple precautions can make a big difference. The actions we suggest will protect employees and even the business, ”concludes the WHO document.
Tyotumbur micheal says
The information are vital and should be taken into consideration in workplaces, transportation services homes etc.