How to Obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN) Online in Nigeria
A tax identification number, often known as a TIN, is a unique number that is required for usage in the tax system of Nigeria and other countries.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), which is an institution of the federal government of Nigeria, is responsible for giving Nigerians with their individual taxpayer identification number (TIN), and it does so in partnership with the Joint Tax Board.
You can acquire this number online for either yourself or your company if you follow the steps that are outlined below.
What is Tax Identification Number (TIN)?
A Tax Identification Number, more commonly abbreviated to its acronym TIN, is a unique number that is given to individuals, businesses that have registered with the government, and organizations that have been established for the sole purpose of paying taxes.
The so-called TINs are affectionately established by the tax authorities in order to ensure adequate identification, purchase, and participation of a bigger number of persons in the tax system. These TINs are affectionately referred to as tax identification numbers.
In most cases, the number is provided by the authority in charge of taxes. by using the Joint Tax Commission’s online portal or by sending a cover letter to the office of the Federal Inland Revenue Services that is located closest to your area.
How to Get Tax Identification Number in Nigeria Online in a Few Easy Steps
The Federal Inland Revenue Service, usually known as FIRS, is the federal authority in Nigeria that is responsible for providing taxpayer identification numbers to people of the country. This is done in partnership with the Joint Tax Board, which is another federal body in Nigeria.
You will be able to obtain this number online for yourself or for your company if you follow the steps that are given below and use them in the correct order.
TIN Registration Online Process for Individuals
- To submit a personal application for a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), an individual needs to go to the Federal I
- land Revenue Services office that is located closest to their home in their state of residence.
- You may get the addresses and other contact information for branch offices located throughout the
- country by clicking on the following link: address info
- Pay a visit to the department’s office that is relevant to your situation in order to get an application form and a Tax Identification Number.
- Please ensure that the application form is filled out with the proper information under the applicable areas. After you have finished, you should sign it to show that it is authentic.
- After you have finished filling out the application form, you need to make sure that you have attached all of the documents that are detailed in the section of this page titled “Required documents.”
- The next step is to hand it up in person to the appropriate official at the office.
- After you have submitted your application, it, together with any supporting documents you have attached, will be sent on for additional verification.
- When all of the internal procedures have been completed, the applicants will then be contacted and provided with additional information regarding the issuing of the TIN Certificate.
TIN Registration Online Process for Non-individuals
Note that the online application link is only available to organizations that are not individuals, such as Limited Liability Companies, Incorporated Trustees, Enterprises, Cooperative Societies, MDAs, Trade Associations, etc.
- The applicant needs to go to the JTB TIN Registration System by clicking on the following link in order to submit an application for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) online: You can apply online.
- After clicking on the link provided up top, navigate to the new page that loads and fill out the application form by providing the relevant information in the appropriate fields, making the appropriate selections, and submitting it.
- After you have finished, use the “Submit” button. You will be taken to the subsequent page after this one, where it is possible that you will be needed to upload the papers that are detailed in the “necessary documents” portion of this page.
- After you have followed the directions that are displayed on the screen, you can proceed to submitting the online application form by selecting the appropriate option.
- After the application has been submitted, approval of the request will be granted if it is determined that all the documents and information that was provided are accurate.
- The officials will complete the necessary steps to issue the Certificate of Taxpayer Identification Number.
- In the event that this is not the case, the applicant will be contacted, advised of the deficiency, and requested to make up for it.
- The application will be considered complete, authorized, and processed for the issuance of the Tax Identification Number Certificate as soon as the applicant has properly completed it.
- When it is ready to be distributed, it will be emailed to the applicant at the address they have on file as soon as possible.
How to verify TIN Pin
- Visit https://apps.firs.gov.ng/tinverification/
- From the drop-down option, choose the search criterion that best suits your needs (either BVN, NIN, or registration number).
- The third step is to enter the digit that corresponds to the search criteria that you have selected. When entering your CAC registration number, be sure to use either the BN1234 or IT1234 or RC1234 format.
- The fourth step is to enter the right captcha image that is displayed.
- To validate your TIN pin, click on the search button.
Leave a Reply