Learn how to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your prepaid electricity meter with Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company. This simple guide shows you each step, from visiting the website to entering your details correctly.
Linking Your NIN to Your Prepaid Meter:
In a move to enhance customer service and improve meter management, the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) has implemented a mandatory requirement for all prepaid meter users to link their National Identification Number (NIN) to their meters. This initiative, which commenced on November 1st, ensures that each meter is associated with a valid NIN, enabling accurate customer identification and enhanced service delivery.
Obtaining Key Change Tokens (KTCs)
To upgrade your Standard Transfer Specification (STS) prepaid meter and enjoy the benefits of improved security and functionality, you will need to acquire two unique 20-digit tokens known as Key Change Tokens (KTCs). These tokens can be obtained by seamlessly linking your NIN to your meter through the dedicated portal at smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin: https://smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin.
Step-by-Step Guide to Linking NIN to Prepaid Meter in 600 Words
Step 1: Access the NIN Linking Portal
- Navigate to the official website of Ikeja Electric.
- Locate the prominent “Link your NIN And Meter” button.
- Click on the button to be redirected to the designated NIN linking portal.
Step 2: Gather Necessary Information
- Before proceeding, ensure you have your phone number, NIN, and email address readily available.
- Double-check the accuracy of your NIN to guarantee the information you provide is correct.
- Having the correct information readily available will streamline the linking process.
Step 3: Enter NIN Details
- On the dedicated portal, you will be prompted to enter your phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Carefully review the information you have entered and confirm the accuracy of your NIN details.
- Once satisfied, proceed to the next step to finalize the NIN input process.
Step 4: Input Meter Number and Verification Code
- In the final phase, you will be asked to enter your meter number and a verification code.
- The verification code will be sent to the email address or linked mobile number you provided earlier.
- Check your email or message inbox for the code and enter it in the designated field.
- Exercise caution when entering your meter number and verification code to avoid any errors.
- Accurate input of the meter number and verification code is crucial for successful NIN linking.
Step 5: Submit and Complete NIN Linking
- Once you have entered your meter number and verification code, click the “submit” button.
- Upon successful submission, you will have successfully linked your NIN to your prepaid meter.
- A confirmation message will be displayed, informing you of the successful linking of your NIN.
By following these comprehensive steps, you can seamlessly link your NIN to your prepaid meter and enjoy the benefits of enhanced customer service, improved meter management, and enhanced security. Remember, only landlords can use a single NIN to register multiple meters. Tenants can only link their NIN to one meter. If you encounter any issues with your KTCs, refer to the provided image for troubleshooting instructions.