IT Officer/Webmaster – P3/P4
Job Location Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time, Status: Permanent
Annual Salary: (P3-UA 49,106.81 USD 77,480.72) / (P4- UA 56,591.37 USD 89,289.87)
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2019
Institution: Community Court Of Justice, Ecowas
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Division: Administration & Human Resources
Line Supervisor: Head Of Division, Administration & Human Resources
Supervising: 2 IT Assistants
- The incumbent shall serve as the IT Officer/Webmaster.
- He/she shall acquire, deploy and support the information systems technology (hardware and software) in line with the needs and approved standards of the organization and report directly to the Director of Administration and Finance or the Head of Division as the case may be
Role and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for activities among others:
- Design and implement the delivery of IT/IS Solutions for supporting the organization’s processes;
- Acquisition, deployment and support of the information systems technology (hardware and software) in line with the needs and approved standards of the organization;
- Manage the organization’s website, the local area network and other relevant e-Solutions for the organization including video conferencing and other electronic systems;
- Perform systems, network, communications and data base management and administration;
- Design, implement and operate scalable, highly available and fault tolerant systems;
- Ensure the availability, performance and security of IT systems and applications at the Court;
- Investigate, Diagnose and Classify incidents for users;
- Escalate Incidents and service requests where necessary to OEMs and service providers and follow up the resolution;
- Identify customer service trends; determine system improvements;
- Serve as second level support for all deployed systems;
- Develop user guides on systems and applications and help conduct user training when necessary;
- Provide timely status updates of support activities to the line supervisor.
- Contribute to the establishment of Standards and Guidelines for the development, standardization and regulation of IT practices.
- Ensure the application of appropriate frameworks with which to implement policies, standards and guidelines designed to achieve the Information Technology policy objectives of the Court.
- Assist in the regular review of the standards and guidelines in accordance with the evolution of the IT environment and technology innovations;
- Be responsible for IT security;
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Systems Analysis & Design, Information Systems Management or any related ICT field from a recognized university;
- 5 years progressively responsible experience in planning, web design, development, implementation and maintenance of information and communication technologies;
- Good knowledge of ECOWAS ICT infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s);
- Knowledge of all aspects of the design, development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex web projects using web content management systems and technologies;
- Good knowledge of security controls, governance processes and compliance validation;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and protocols, advanced technical knowledge of common network protocols (DNS, HTTP/HTTPS) and network security concepts;
- Capabilities to provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects of the organization;
- Ability to assess risks in line with information security objectives and risk tolerance of the organization;
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audience (management, users, vendors and technical staff).
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance;
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means,
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
How to Apply
Download the Application Form through below link, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: ChargRechAffJuriP4@ecowas.int
Download Application Form (Ms Word)