Today’s updates on NPower and NASIMS include a new government program, NATEP, to boost youth employment and skill sharing. The World Economic Forum supports this.
NPower payment issues persist, with some waiting for 8 months. Minister Betta Edu highlights issues in the payment list and promises improvements.
Watch for 2024 NPower enrollment. President Tinubu appoints new leaders for programs to ensure efficient service.
Today, we share the newest updates on NPower and NASIMS.
New Program for Young People
The government started a new program called National Talent Export Programme (NATEP). They hope this will help young people find jobs and make Nigeria known for its skilled workers.
Goals of NATEP:
- Create one million jobs in five years.
- Get money from other countries by sharing talent.
- Get more tax money for the government.
Global Support: The World Economic Forum likes this idea and wants to work with Nigeria on it.
NPower has changed a lot. People who get money from it are very important. But there are still problems with paying them on time.
Waiting for Money: Some people have been waiting for eight months. Everyone agrees this needs to change.
Batch C: This is the newest group of people in NPower. It’s good to know how they will get paid.
News on Payments: We will keep sharing news about when and how Batch C will get paid.
Issues with NPower Payment List – Minister Speaks
The Minister in charge of helping poor people, Betta Edu, found problems with the NPower payment list. Some people who shouldn’t get money from NPower are on the list.
Betta Edu talked about this on Arise TV. She said:
- When they started checking, they saw many problems with NPower.
- Some people were on the NPower list even though they weren’t supposed to be.
- Some people were meant to get money but didn’t get it on time.
- Some people on the list shouldn’t be there. Some were not doing any work but were still getting paid.
- Some people had finished their time with NPower, but they still wanted to get money.
The Minister’s team has made a group to study these problems. They have already gotten a report about it.
Also, Betta Edu said they want to help many Nigerians. By 2030, they plan to help 133 million people not be poor anymore. They hope to help at least 20 million people by next year.
She said they won’t keep doing things the old way. They have new plans to make things better for Nigerians.
Joining NPower in 2024
If you want to join NPower next year, keep an eye out for news!
New Leaders for Npower and Other Programs
President Bola Tinubu has picked new leaders for programs that help people.
The National Social Safety Net Office (NASSCO) will now have new people to make sure the program works well in Nigeria.
Dr Betta Edu, the Minister who helps poor people, said this on Tuesday. She said this is what President Tinubu wants to make the program better and help more people.
Dr Betta Edu will be the top person for NASSCO. Dr Abel Enitan will help her.
Some of the new leaders are:
- Mr Abdulaziz Danladi for NASSCO.
- Dr Michael Ajuluchukwu to be in charge of giving out cash.
- Dr Janet Ekpenyong to help Dr Michael.
- Mr Richard Romanus will help young people.
- Jamalu Kaburu will talk about the program to people.
- Chidinma Makuachukwu will help refugees.
- Mr Thalis Apalowo will help groups that need it most.
- Salia Sanusi Yusuff will help children in danger.
- Dr Joseph Nkang will help with loans for small businesses.
- Dr Akindele Egbuwalo will help with N-Power.
- Mrs Etcheri Ansa will help children who don’t go to school.
- Olubunmi Bello will help communities.
Dr Betta Edu told the new leaders to do their best. They should start their jobs now and make sure they do them well.