All You Need to Know About the Recent NPower Stipend Payment News (July 17, 2023)
- What’s New: There’s been an ongoing issue with NPower stipend payments, which are overdue since December 2022.
- What’s The Problem: Many beneficiaries who depend on these stipends are voicing concerns and frustrations about non-payments.
- What’s Being Done: An interactive session titled “Half Hour With Npower C Beneficiaries” was conducted by Nasims to discuss these issues.
Hello, friends! Today, we are going to chat about the NPower stipend payment situation as of July 17, 2023. But first, let’s get a handle on some of the terms we will be using.
- NPower: This is a program in Nigeria that helps young folks develop work skills.
- Stipend: This is money that the NPower program gives to its participants.
- Beneficiaries: These are the people who receive the money from NPower.
- Nasims: This is an organization that helps run the NPower program.
Beneficiaries Voice Concerns Over Non-payment of Stipends
A lot of people who receive money from the NPower program have not been paid since December 2022. This means they are owed five months’ worth of money. The problem started even before President Bola Tinubu came into office.
Unfortunately, none of these payments have been made since he became president. This has made a lot of NPower beneficiaries upset. They depend on this money for their everyday lives.
The ‘Half Hour With Npower C Beneficiaries’ Session
To help with the situation, Nasims held a discussion called “Half Hour With Npower C Beneficiaries” on July 10, 2023. They talked about many different things. Here are some of the main points they discussed:
- C1 Beneficiaries: The NPower C1 program ended in August 2022. Some of these beneficiaries received extra payments in September, October, and November. This was part of a special package approved by H.M. Sadiya Umar Farouq.
- Payment and Program Continuation: Whether the NPower program will continue or not depends on what the President decides. Nasims said they can’t give a certain answer about future payments until they know for sure what will happen with the program.
- Payment Date for Unpaid Months: Nasims doesn’t know when the payments for the months that were missed will be made. The money is still waiting for approval from the new government. Once they give the okay, the payments can start.
- Unpaid C1 Beneficiaries: Those who were in the C1 program and are still waiting for payments from September, October, and November will get their money once it is approved.
- Pre-selected Beneficiaries: People who were chosen for the program but haven’t started yet were given instructions on what to do next. They should follow these and wait for more information.
- Account Validation: Nasims sent out links to C2 beneficiaries who had wrong account details. C1 beneficiaries who are having problems with payment can also use this opportunity to make sure their account details are correct.
In conclusion, Nasims made it clear that the President has a big part to play in deciding what happens next with the NPower program. They also assured beneficiaries that the money owed to them will be paid once the funds get approved.