at Danish Refugee Council
Job Location: Borno
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2019
Danish Refugee Council is recruiting to fill the position below:
Name of Position: MEAL Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 1 year of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Professional qualification at BSc level or above in social science, statistics, livelihoods, protection, or economics
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- Availability: 6months
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
DRC as an Employer/Benefits
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development.
Candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied. Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations. Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV and applications will be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.