MEAL Team Leader
at Danish Refugee Council
Job Location: Adamawa
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2019
Danish Refugee Council is recruiting to fill the position below:
Name of Position: MEAL Team Leader
MEAL Systems Development at Base Level In Consultation with the Country M&E Manager:
- Based on the project proposals, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, support the M&E Manager in the development and implementation of a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems at the base level through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed
- Conduct training for base project staff on M&E in line with identified capacity needs and provide ongoing mentoring support in consultation with the M&E Manager.
- Work with the various project teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with technical managers, M&E manager, staff, and partners.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Lead on compilation of regular monthly and quarterly base level reports using data provided by Base project teams and ensure cross checking of data
- Support the Head of Base and technical program Managers to ensure that planned activities are carried out in a way that is timely, cost effective and adheres to quality standards
- Provide base level project data to help with donor monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Research and Evaluation:
- Coordinate with the donor-contracted Evaluation Team for conducting of activities at base and village levels
- Support coordination of overall project/s review and evaluation activities as required. This includes working with the independent Evaluation Team to coordinate mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, women, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a timely fashion. Ensure programme managers are aware of delays in acting on any complaints or information requests
- Training beneficiaries, community stakeholders and programme participants on DRC complaint response mechanism to promote downward accountability.
Knowledge Management & Learning:
- In consultation with Head of Base, country M&E Manager and technical managers, facilitate and compile case studies, change stories and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share wider programme and inform improvements in quality and delivery
- Analyze information about the base level programme / projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure key base level lessons and challenges are documented and shared with staff and partners to help consolidate lessons learned for future proposal development and implementation of best practices.
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Food security, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyses data and summaries it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Availability: 6months
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Dropped at DRC office mentioned below:
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV and applications will be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC as an employer
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.