Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant (NECMS)
Mercy Corps Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State with 20% travels to deep field locations within North East Nigeria.
How to Apply: Send CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2019
Mercy Corps Nigeria invites application for following position.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant (NECMS)
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2019/00077
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State with 20% travels to deep field locations within Borno.
Program / Department Summary
- The Northeast Conflict Management and Stabilization (NE-CMS) Program is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to reduce violence and insecurity in Borno State.
- The program seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- Citizens are more civically engaged, and civilian government and security forces are more transparent and inclusive in addressing community needs around service delivery and protection;
- Communities demonstrate improved trust and social cohesion within and between actors at the local level;
- Local decision-making spaces and peacebuilding processes are equitable and inclusive of marginalized social groups, especially youth and women.
- The program is implemented in a consortium with multiple partners both international and national with Mercy Corps being the lead.
General Position Summary
- The MEL Assistant will be responsible for the monitoring of project activities in association with the program MEL framework, including data collection, data entry, knowledge management, and basic analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the timely development of monitoring tools based on work plans and MEL framework, in close coordination with the program officers and MEL Team.
- Conduct regular data collection across program field sites, implementing tools such as pre- and post-tests, surveys, focus group discussions and interviews.
- Conduct entry of monitoring data into Ona, Tola, and other program databases.
- Conduct participant verification, ensuring they match agreed criteria and established committee lists.
- Support the NE-CMS MEL Advisor to conduct assessments and evaluations, including management of enumerators, as requested.
- Ensure proper filing, handling, and movement of project files.
- Assist in data analysis and sharing and documentation of lessons learned.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Reports Directly To: Deputy Program Manager
- Works Directly With: NE-CMS MEL Advisor, NE-CMS Program Team, MEL Team
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in community work, with previous experience in project monitoring, preferably with an NGO within Borno State
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field: Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, etc. or at least one year of work experience in a related discipline
- Ability to interact effectively with various community members, conducting him/herself with sensitivity and respect towards others
- Willingness, ability to perform field work and work under pressure
- Have a good appreciation of technology in enhancing program and MEL related activities
- Excellent computer skills – Word and Excel are required
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- S/he will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence and constructive communication skills.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Submit no more than 4 pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Why NigeriaRecruitmentForm for Mercy Corps Nigeria Free Job Alert?
Nigeria Recruitment Form is the one stop place for Mercy Corps Nigeria Jobs 2019 notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Here in this website we will ensure that at Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Portal updates get notified to all our visitors. We help both fresher and experienced non graduates to get Mercy Corps Nigeria openings across Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Help improve this news portal, and if there is any mistake or any lack of information / facts in any news or excerpt, or if there is any copyright objection, then inform it at comment section. Simultaneously give full information with facts. The article can be corrected or removed.