Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Intern
Mercy Corps Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State
How to Apply: Send CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2019
Mercy Corps Nigeria invites application for following position.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Intern
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2019/00078
Dates Of Internship: 1st October, 2019 – 30th September, 2020
Length Of Internship: 12 Months
Slot: 7 Openings
Program / Department Summary
- With funding from institutional donors, foundations and private corporations, Mercy Corps continues to provide assistance to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the areas of food security, shelter, water and sanitation, protection, and livelihoods.
- With the recognition of the protracted crisis in Northeast Nigeria, Mercy Corps’ strategy and expansion plans aim to address the root causes of the crisis and seek to build long-term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, and youth empowerment with emphasis on adolescent girls and boys. With multiple funding streams from large institutional donors and foundations, Mercy Corps’ programs in Northeast Nigeria continue to scale up and serve communities by transitioning them from humanitarian aid to early recovery programs.
- Mercy Corps is looking for Seven Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern to support its MEL activities in Central Borno (MMC). These interns will be directly under the supervision of the MEL Assistants and working closely with all MEL, programs and support (finance and operations) teams
- At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
At the end of the internship period, the intern will be able to learn and perfect in the following areas:
- Data collection, analysis, presentation and visualization
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data management systems
- Administration of Open Data Kit platforms such as ONA, Commcare
- Support data management system and data collection (including assessment, PDM, participant registration)
- Support M & E training logistics and Planning
- Support project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Assist the collation of Quantitative and Qualitative studies
- Conduct periodic report writing
- Archiving of documents on google drive / team drive.
- Perform administrative and finance functions
- Perform any other duty assigned by supervisor
Ideal Candidate Should Possess the Following Qualifications:
- A degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant field, with foundation in monitoring and evaluation, would be an advantage, but is not required.
- Experience in organizing programs/meetings
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts.
- Experience designing and implementing research initiatives is desirable.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong contextual knowledge of Central Borno (MMC) is required.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
- Fluency in verbal Hausa and Kanuri is required.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- The internship engagement aims at creating learning opportunity and is not a guarantee for securing full time working relationship with Mercy Corps Nigeria.
Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive NGN60,000 as a monthly stipend
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with: Accommodation Living expenses
Applications Deadline: 15th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Submit no more than 4 pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Why NigeriaRecruitmentForm for Mercy Corps Nigeria Free Job Alert?
Nigeria Recruitment Form is the one stop place for Mercy Corps Nigeria Jobs 2019 notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Here in this website we will ensure that at Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Portal updates get notified to all our visitors. We help both fresher and experienced non graduates to get Mercy Corps Nigeria openings across Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Help improve this news portal, and if there is any mistake or any lack of information / facts in any news or excerpt, or if there is any copyright objection, then inform it at comment section. Simultaneously give full information with facts. The article can be corrected or removed.