The NDLEA announced nationwide job recruitment for 2023. Candidates can apply for different positions. Specific requirements include Nigerian origin, medical fitness, and certain education. Deadline is April 8, 2023, and drug tests are mandatory for successful candidates.
NDLEA Recruitment 2023 – Nationwide Massive Job Recruitment 2023
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is set to embark on a nationwide massive job recruitment exercise in 2023. The agency is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time appointment in various positions across its cadres.
NDLEA Recruitment Details
1. Superintendent Cadre (General Duties or Specialists)
- Three levels: Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II (CONPASS 08), Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 09), and Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
- Relevant qualifications required such as First Degree/HND, LL.B, BL, B.Eng (with COREN), B.Pharm, MBBS or DVM.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate also required.
- Successful candidates granted rank of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 09) or Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
- Required training must be completed to receive rank.
2. Narcotic Agent Cadre
- The Narcotic Agent Cadre has three levels: Chief, Senior, and Narcotic Agent.
- Applicants must have relevant qualifications such as NCE, ND, or equivalent and 5 credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB.
- The minimum age requirement for entry into the Narcotic Agent Cadre is 18 years.
- Successful candidates undergo a rigorous training program before being deployed for duty.
- Members of the Narcotic Agent Cadre are responsible for enforcing drug laws and combating drug trafficking.
3. Narcotic Assistant Cadre
- Candidates for the Narcotic Assistant Cadre must not be older than 25 years of age.
- Applicants must meet the physical and medical requirements set by the agency.
- Successful candidates will undergo a 6-month training program before being deployed to various locations.
- Narcotic Assistant I and II are responsible for providing support services to senior officers.
- They are involved in carrying out duties such as guarding suspects, raiding drug locations, and other operations.
- Narcotic Assistant Cadre plays a vital role in the fight against drug trafficking and abuse.
- They are expected to be of good character, disciplined, and physically fit to carry out their duties.
- The agency provides training and development opportunities for Narcotic Assistant Cadre to enhance their skills.
- Narcotic Assistant Cadre must be able to work in a team and follow instructions from their superiors.
Register for NDLEA Recruitment, Application & More
Steps to Register Free
- First enter your email id in following text box
- Click on “Register” button
- Login your email and verify your free subscription.
Statutory Requirements for the Recruitment
- Nigerian origin by birth is a mandatory requirement for NDLEA recruitment applicants.
- Applicants must possess a National Identity Number (NIN) to be eligible for the exercise.
- Being medically fit is a statutory requirement for all applicants.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the point of entry.
- Male applicants must have a minimum height of 1.65 metres while females must be at least 1.60 metres tall.
- Current practicing licenses are required for medical and allied professionals, while Lawyers must have been called to Bar.
- Drug-free status is a mandatory requirement for all applicants.
- Good character is a necessary requirement for NDLEA recruitment.
- Applicants must not have any criminal record to be eligible for the exercise.
- Personal email addresses and phone numbers must be used when submitting applications online.
NDLEA Application Procedures
- Click on recruitment link and read instructions before registering.
- Select category and fill out required form on redirected page.
- Upload Passport Photograph and Educational Certificates.
- Upload Certificate of State of Origin and Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- Upload National Identity Card and NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Use personal email address and phone number for application.
- Applicants must be medically fit and drug-free.
- Applicants must have good character and no criminal record.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and not less than 18 years old.
- Male applicants must be at least 1.65 metres and female applicants 1.60 metres tall.
NDLEA Application Closing Date
- The application portal for the NDLEA recruitment exercise will be open until the 8th of April 2023.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications before the deadline to be considered for the exercise.
- The online generated slip serves as evidence of application completion and must be printed out.
- Referee forms must be downloaded and completed by two reputable persons before the screening/interview.
- The persons completing the referee forms must meet the criteria specified on the form.
- Successful candidates will be required to fill out additional vetting forms after the interview.
- Applicants should ensure that all information provided in the application is accurate and up-to-date.
- The names and contact details of the referees must be provided in the application.
- The referees must be willing to be contacted by the NDLEA during the screening process.
- The vetting forms are designed to verify the information provided by the applicant.
- Falsification of information or documents may lead to disqualification from the recruitment process.
- Candidates are advised to keep their login details and application number safe for future reference.