- People in the NPower program are worried because they haven’t received their payments since December 2022.
- The NPower Batch C program is wrapped up, but some payments are still missing. These payments are part of a package called Nexit.
- NPower and NASIMS are working hard to get the missing payments to the people who need them.
What’s Going On With NPower and NASIMS Today?
People involved in the NPower program are upset. They haven’t received their payments for several months, and this is causing them a lot of stress. These payments, also known as “stipends,” are super important because many people in the program rely on them for day-to-day living.
Even before President Bola Tinubu started his job, people in the NPower program were owed money for five months. But since he started, there’s been no news about when this problem will be fixed.
Not getting these payments is causing a lot of anger and unhappiness among the people in the NPower program.
To try and help, NASIMS had a talk with the people in NPower Batch C on July 10, 2023. They wanted to explain what was happening and answer any questions. Here’s what was discussed:
- What’s happening with the people in Batch C1? The Batch C1 program ended in August 2022. If any people in Batch C1 got payments in September, October, or November, those were part of a package called Nexit. The Nexit package was approved by H.M. Sadiya Umar Farouq, who used to be in charge of the Department of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development.
- Will the NPower program keep going? Whether the NPower program continues is up to the President. NASIMS can’t give a final answer about whether the payments will keep going until they hear from the people in charge.
- When will the missing payments be made? Nobody knows when the missing payments will be made. The money is ready to go, but it needs to be approved by the new people in charge. Once the approval happens, the payments will start.
- What about the people in Batch C1 who are still waiting for payments? The people in Batch C1 who are waiting for their payments for September, October, and November will get their money as soon as it’s approved and ready.
- What about the people who were chosen to join the program? The people who were chosen to join the program should do what their messages told them to do and wait for more instructions.
- How can people make sure their account details are right? Links were sent to Batch C2 people to check their account details were right. But people in Batch C1 who are having trouble getting their payments can also use these links to make sure their account details are correct.
Even though NASIMS had a talk with the people in the NPower program, they are still waiting and hoping for the problem to be fixed. They are really looking forward to getting their missing payments.
Common Questions About NPower Under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Will the NPower Program keep going with the new President? Yes, it’s expected that the NPower Program will continue. The program is important because it helps young people who are struggling with money.
- What will happen with the missing payments for NPower people? The people in charge of the National Social Investment Program (NSIP) are working hard to make sure everyone in NPower gets their missing payments as soon as possible.
- How can NPower Batch C people make sure their accounts are right? People in NPower Batch C who haven’t gotten their payments and need to check their accounts can do so by following the link that was sent to them.
- Is there any news about the change of people in charge at the Department of Humanitarian Affairs? The person who used to be in charge, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has given her job to Nasir Sani, who is the Permanent Secretary.
- What will happen to the programs that help people get jobs? There’s hope that President Tinubu’s Administration will improve these programs. They could be changed to help create more jobs that last a long time, which would be great for the young people of Nigeria.
Common Questions About NASIMS Payment Today
Will the people in NPower Batch C1 get a permanent job? Yes, the people in the NPower program will get a permanent job. The government will make sure this happens before the end of this year.
How long is the NPower training? The people who got chosen for NPower and are not graduates can apply for the training. The training has three parts. First, there’s three months of training in a classroom. Then, there’s six months of learning on the job, called an apprenticeship. And after that, there’s more learning.
Why is my NPower payment showing as “processing”? If your payment is showing as “processing”, it means the Central Bank of Nigeria has sent your money to your bank. You should get your money soon.
Did NPower choose the people for Stream 2? Yes, the date for the start of NPower Stream 2 is February 25th, 2024. News about the people chosen for Stream 2 has already been announced. The final list will be on the NASIMS website.
This is all the latest news about NPower and NASIMS today. Check back tomorrow for more news on VoiceofNigeria