The Npower programme is currently under close scrutiny from volunteers and others alike, concerning the failure to pay the programme’s Batch C volunteers their September and October stipends.
As expected, this failure to pay at the right time has come with a lot of condemnation and criticism. However, some who are at the fore of the whole payment saga have come up with some reasons why volunteers have not been paid. Some of those reasons are as follows:
- Most Npower Batch C volunteers did not do, or complete the mandatory physical verification exercise (Eventually changed from beneficiary to applicant)
- Most Npower Batch C volunteers did the physical verification exercise, but the exercise was not successful (pending, also changed from beneficiary to applicant)
- Most Npower Batch C volunteers provided wrong bank account details (invalidation of account)
- Most Npower Batch C volunteers did not provide any bank account details at all (invalidation of account)
- Most Npower Batch c volunteers did not provide their Bank Verificaition Numbers (BVNs) (also invalidation of account)
- Most Npower Batch C volunteers’ information did not match the information provided on other important documents, especially the banking credentials provided.
It was also stated that data collection is currently going on, and any other information for another physical verification exercise for those who missed the previous exercise will be communicated both in public and in private.
Some Batch C volunteers who have not been paid took to the internet to let their grievances be known to the general public.
One particular volunteer under the ID tag Alonzo50 stated that they belonged to the third group of people mentioned earlier in this article, those who provided wrong account details. This user stated that the Npower handler had told them that the issue had been rectified, but no changes were reflecting on their dashboard. Alonzo50 was urged to be patient, and trust that the issue had truly been rectified.