at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 20th August 2019
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Name of Position: Process Engineer
- The Process Engineer is a member of the Process Engineering & Technology Team in DW Project Organization and shall provide process engineering expertise to projects.
Main Job Function
- Plan, manage and deliver specialist process and process safety engineering discipline support. This covers process modelling and simulation, process calculations, perform steady state and transient hydraulics, Design Review and HAZOP, production system optimization and process engineering support to ongoing projects.
- Initiate, manage and carry out conceptual studies and derive optimum development plans.
- Identify and select optimum facilities concept.
- Optimize asset performance throughout its lifetime.
- Execution of input to projects
- Provide process engineering inputs to projects
- Delivery of process engineering input to mature cost-effective, timely, engineering solutions to DG3, complying fully with DCAF and Asset Integrity Process Safety Management Standards, DEM1 and DEM2.
- Carry out conceptual engineering and optimization studies to define engineering projects in terms of technical scope, cost execution strategy and schedule.
- Provide process engineering expertise in the review and optimization of existing production facilities.
- Liaise with Operations staff to identify engineering project, and to conceive, screen and develop alternative solutions.
- Engage with Projects organization to ensure flawless handover of scope to (detailed) engineering after DG-3.
- Engage with Integrated Activity Planning to develop a (resource)plan for the multiple scoping sessions.
- Engage with Development organization.
- Design, commissioning and startup support for projects.
- Participates in Causal Learning, Root Cause Analysis, or 5-why incident investigations.
- Analyze plant reliability performance data (production losses, equipment history, etc), identify improvement opportunities, and recommend appropriate action to methodically improve Production Team and site wide reliability.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams to devise and implement sustainable solutions for operational and technical issues including Bad Actors, Chronic, Systemic, and site wide threats.
- Network with Reliability Engineers, Projects & Technology, Discipline Engineers, and industry groups to develop and implement Best Practices.
- Plan, manage and deliver specialist process and process safety engineering discipline support and advice. This covers process modelling and simulation, HAZOP and design reviews, production system optimization and process engineering support to Bonga operating asset.
- Significant experience in the E&P industry, preferably with some experience in Root Cause Analysis:
- Relevant operations experience is an advantage.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 3 – 7 years post graduate experience in process engineering and skilled in the use of simulation tools e.g., HYSYS/UNISIM, Flarenet, PIPESIM.
- Experience in Field/facility engineering and technical safety/risk engineering.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail understanding of the relevant parts of process engineering standards.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Effective team working and good written/verbal communication skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm are essential.
- Self-driven and strong finishing capabilities.
Additional Competence Requirements:
- Proven knowledge of oil production processes
- Proven commitment to delivering results within time and budget with a service-oriented focus
- Ability to engage with Operations and various levels of Discipline Engineers, Technical Authorities, Management teams and senior stakeholder representatives
- Ability and confidence to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Management of Change
- Strong analytical abilities and practical approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer