Procurement Manager at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja
How to Apply: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Procurement Manager is a strategic position that will manage all procurement procedures of the project with the highest ethical standards.
- He/she will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- The Procurement Manager will build capacity of team members within the department on procurement procedures and support the technical teams by providing the necessary support required for project implementation.
- He/she will be expected to demonstrate high level of integrity, transparency and technical knowledge in every aspect of procurement and ensure strict adherence to the agency and donor regulations, policy and guidelines.
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring that project equipment, supplies and materials are purchased and delivered at the right place and at the right time as well as obtain value for money on all procurement.
- The Procurement Manager will establish strong network of vendors, conduct market surveys and market intelligence, perform due diligence and other necessary procedures that will enhance and strengthen the agency’s procurement systems and create a list of vendors with outstanding capacity, history and service reference in its database.
- He/she will ensure that complete documentation are available for all procurement’s such as purchase orders, contracts, leases and retained for audit purposes and other operational references.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Purchasing and Supply, Project Management, or related qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience from a PEPFAR funded award and extensive practical application of USAID regulations is highly desired.
- Experience in designing effective procurement tracking system from initiation to delivery and excellent ability to communicate procedures and outcomes
- Experience in logistics and international procurement procedures
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong demonstration of document retention skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: email@example.com
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Please indicate Location in your application and email title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in this location are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org