Program Assistant, NE – CMS
Mercy Corps Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State with 20% travels to deep field locations within North East Nigeria.
How to Apply: Send CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2019
Mercy Corps Nigeria invites application for following position.
Program Assistant, NE – CMS
Reference Number: MDG/PRO/2019/00076
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Status: Full-time, regular
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Works Directly With: Program, Finance, and Operation Teams
About Mercy Corps in Nigeria
- Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management.
The Northeast Conflict Management and Stabilization (NE-CMS) Program is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to reduce violence and insecurity in Borno State. The program seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- Citizens are more civically engaged, and civilian government and security forces are more transparent and inclusive in addressing community needs around service delivery and protection;
- Communities demonstrate improved trust and social cohesion within and between actors at the local level;
- Local decision-making spaces and peacebuilding processes are equitable and inclusive of marginalized social groups, especially youth and women. The program is implemented in a consortium with multiple partners both international and national with Mercy Corps being the lead.
General Position Summary
- The program assistant will support the program teams in the day-to-day implementation of all program activities in the areas of intervention, focusing on administrative support and implementation of programmatic work plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist team to ensure program progress according to the developed work plan.
- Conduct all program administration, including submission and follow-up of all documentation related to procurements and finances, in close coordination with program officers and operations team.
- Conduct notetaking related to internal meetings and programmatic activities.
- Support preparation and smooth implementation of events and activities.
- Support the writing and submission of activity reports and program monitoring data into established systems and databases.
- Assist in the coordination with local partners in target geographical areas.
- Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion to encourage community ownership.
- Ensure equal representation of various community groups in the implementation of activities.
- Assist the facilitation of workshops, meetings, focus group discussions and other program activities.
- Document and share lessons learned and success stories on the project.
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- 1-2 years of working experience, with previous experience in community work highly preferred
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with the local communities, partners, and project participants
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required, ability to speak Kanuri and Shuwa highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience is highly recommended.
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, with dedication towards community work, commitment to work long hours in the field conditions with limited access to resources.
- S/He will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision.
- S/he will be willing to conduct field travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified and fast-growing team.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and it requires up to 20% travel to field offices in Northeast Nigeria and Abuja.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Applications Deadline: 15th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Submit no more than 4 pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Why NigeriaRecruitmentForm for Mercy Corps Nigeria Free Job Alert?
Nigeria Recruitment Form is the one stop place for Mercy Corps Nigeria Jobs 2019 notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Here in this website we will ensure that at Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Portal updates get notified to all our visitors. We help both fresher and experienced non graduates to get Mercy Corps Nigeria openings across Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Help improve this news portal, and if there is any mistake or any lack of information / facts in any news or excerpt, or if there is any copyright objection, then inform it at comment section. Simultaneously give full information with facts. The article can be corrected or removed.