at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related Business Degree preferred. More than 10 years of billing and receivables, with at least 7 years in an EPCIC
Application Last Date : Not Specified
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited invites application for following position.
- Project Accountants work closely with project managers to devise the budget, facilitate the billing process and perform cost assessments for a particular project or portfolio
- He is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly,Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Prepare local property and business tax returns.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related Business Degree preferred.
- More than 10 years of billing and receivables, with at least 7 years in an EPCIC
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheets, accounting software and SAP
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Other Relevant Certifications.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified