Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024: Reach Your Goals and Make a Difference
Get a chance to study a Master’s degree in a developing Commonwealth country through the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) in 2023-2024.
Experience new cultures, work together academically, and create positive change in your community.
About Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
The QECS for 2023-2024 are open for applications. They offer a great opportunity for students from Commonwealth countries to study a two-year Master’s degree in a developing Commonwealth country.
These scholarships are perfect for students who want to make a difference in their communities.
By experiencing new cultures and expanding their horizons, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars build lasting global relationships and help address common challenges in both their home and host countries.
Benefits of QECS
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships provide:
- Full coverage of tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) during the award period
- Round-trip economy flights to the host country
- One-time arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (if requested and approved)
Who Can Apply for QECS?
To be eligible for QECS, you must:
- Be a citizen (or refugee) of a Commonwealth country
- Apply for a QECS award in a country other than your home country or country of citizenship
- Have no age limit
- Have completed a degree and graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 when applying
- QECS scholarships are only offered in developing countries, not in wealthy countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK. Understand that QECS awards are for new students and can’t be used for a course you’ve already started
Host Institutions for QECS
These institutions will host QECS recipients:
- The University of the South Pacific – Fiji, Samoa, and Vanuatu
- Stellenbosch University – South Africa
- Tshwane University of Technology – South Africa
- University of Pretoria – South Africa
- University of Colombo – Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura – Sri Lanka
How to Apply for QECS
The application form has these sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
Apply here (Official Link)
Don’t miss this amazing chance to change your life and be part of the global community. Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024 before the deadline on May 24, 2023!
FAQs About Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Who can apply for the scholarships?
Citizens or refugees of a Commonwealth country who have completed their degree with an equivalent of a 2:1 can apply. You must apply for a scholarship in a country other than your home country or country of citizenship.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, living allowance, round-trip economy flights, one-time arrival allowance, and a research support grant (if requested and approved).
When is the deadline to apply?
The deadline for QECS 2023-2024 is May 24, 2023.
Which countries and institutions host the scholarships?
The scholarships are hosted by universities located in Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu, South Africa, and Sri Lanka.
These include the University of the South Pacific, Stellenbosch University, Tshwane University of Technology, University of Pretoria, University of Colombo, and University of Sri Jayewardenepura.