Safety & Security Manager at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja
How to Apply: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Safety & Security Manager oversees the safety & security aspects of Jhpiego’s projects funded by US government and private foundations.
- S/he ensures to implement Jhpiego safety & security protocols aimed at minimizing potential risks to staff safety and security.
- S/he will continuously assess the safety/ security environment and devise risk reduction measures as needed in coordination with Country Director (CD)
- S/he will routinely assess district teams’ offices for their safety/security requirements and make necessary arrangements in coordination with related, accordingly.
- Bachelor’s/graduate degree in relevant field.
- 6-7 years field experience in safety and security with a humanitarian or development non-governmental organization.
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing safety and security systems and protocols and provide training to staff and partners.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Good context analysis skills.
- Effective skills in coordination, organization and prioritization as well as in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to work and solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Experience living and/or working in Nigeria, and experience in the central Nigeria preferred.
- Fluent in English and conversant in native languages of the South-South or North East Nigeria.
- Working experience with an International NGO, UN or other donor of development sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position / Location” you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations stated above are strongly encouraged to apply.