Interested in making a difference in children’s lives? Save the Children Nigeria is now opening up opportunities for you to do so.
Their recruitment for 2023 is ongoing, with a range of positions available for both graduates and experienced job seekers.
With their diverse work spanning over 120 countries, you could join the leading independent organization for children in need.
Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children’s primary aim is to save children’s lives, advocate for their rights, and assist them in achieving their potential.
Unfortunately, Nigeria’s situation necessitates the organization’s presence, given that one in five children here do not survive beyond their fifth birthday.
Furthermore, about 40% of Nigerian children are unable to attend school, instead working for survival. Additionally, nearly 2 million children have been orphaned due to AIDS-related diseases.
Job Opportunity: Community Capacity Assistant
Save the Children Nigeria is currently seeking a Community Capacity Assistant for their Sokoto location.
Qualifications and Skills
For this position, you should have:
- A First Degree B.Sc / BA / HND / NCE or National Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Social Work, Psychology, Health, or a related Social Science field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects.
- Prior community engagement experience in Northern Nigeria.
- Proficiency in MS Office Packages and database software.
- Exceptional organization skills, with an ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines.
- An ability to thrive in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
Values In Practice:
- Accountability: Should be able to make decisions, manage resources efficiently, and act in accordance with Save the Children values.
- Ambition: Should be able to set ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourage their team to do the same.
- Collaboration: Should be approachable, a good listener, and maintain effective relationships with team, colleagues, members, and external partners.
- Creativity: Should encourage new and innovative solutions, and be willing to take disciplined risks.
- Integrity: Should be honest, encourage openness and transparency, and demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Adherence to SCI’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- Commitment to child safeguarding, with rigorous background checks reflecting our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Adherence to the SCI anti-harassment policy.
- Compliance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The closing date for applications is 13th June 2023, 12:10 PM.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and qualified, you can apply online.