Senior Specialist, Financial Services Architect
at MTN Nigeria
Job Location: Lagos
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 16th August 2019
MTN Nigeria recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Financial Services Architect
- Carry out research to determine the structure (architecture) of proposed systems and provide insight into new and enhanced technologies to increase efficiency and reduce costs for MTNN.
- Define standards and guidelines for payment Platforms Financial application, VTUs, & eCommerce e.t.c
- Collaborates with the other Architects and the external focus team to ensure data definitions, mappings, and changes are properly coordinated
- Develop the long term e-commerce and financial services strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture
- Develop standards and guidelines for technical designing based on various business goals
- Undertake the development, maintenance, and governance of the e-commerce and financial services architecture
- Recommend necessary changes in the existing e-commerce application and work for its efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings
- Ensure that ecommerce and financial services implementations are completed according to the architecture designed
- Define enterprise level systems architecture and direct the design and approach to deployment.
- Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth.
- Create, maintain, disseminate & validate application development guidelines & standards for all artifacts will facilitate the oversight standardization and future direction of all application development.
- Design the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and advantageous trade-offs across the ecosystem
- Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Architecture with the business strategy throughout the cycle of innovation, planning and delivery
- Chart roadmap of Technology Infrastructure, Evolution, Emerging Technologies & trends.
- Evaluate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s application architecture roadmaps.
- Develop a high level view of current and future state business and solution architecture for E-Commerce Systems that is well connected with business strategy.
- Work with other team members to develop a comprehensive view of all aspects of E-Commerce system architecture
- Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in various areas such as E-Commerce Systems, Cloud Computing, Systems Integration
- Provide leadership role by participating in Architecture Review conversations to help guide development of ecommerce systems solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architecture vision
- Engage with other functional units and actively participate in IT projects.
- Assist in validating the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the design satisfies the requirements.
- Collaborates with the other Architects and the external focus team to ensure that all data definitions, mappings, and changes are properly coordinated with business portals.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
6-13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Financial services & ecommerce environment; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications) experience
- Experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment.
- Good working knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS, eTOM, TOGAF including development and ensuring adherence to architecture principles and standards
- In-depth experience in Architecture governance and standards, Business Capability
- Good working knowledge of NPV, IRR, ROI, TCO
- A year in Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications)
- eCommerce systems/platforms implementation – ATG, Endeca, WebSphere Commerce e.t.c
- Exposure to formal requirements and design processes
- Experience with SOAP / REST web services, knowledge of SQL
- Experience with mobile integration to back-end systems via web-services & APIs
- Solid understanding of service oriented and microservices architectural principles
- Knowledge of eTOM, TOGAF, Payment systems such as Payment Gateway, Virtual Top Up, Enterprise Resource Planning, Mobile financial, Payment Aggregators, CRM, Voucher, web applications, eCommerce platforms, Portals, e.t.c.
- TOGAF certified
- B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2019.