UNICEF Recruitment 2023: The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications for three positions in 2023.
UNICEF works to help disadvantaged children worldwide, providing them with necessary services to survive and thrive.
UNICEF Recruitment 2023 Now Open for Applications
Join the global humanitarian effort of UNICEF by applying for their ongoing recruitment in 2023. With multiple positions up for grabs, this could be your chance to partake in transformative work that impacts the lives of children worldwide. Both graduates and experienced job seekers can apply for a range of positions.
UNICEF Job Opportunity: Child Protection AoR Coordinator
Envision a better world for every child. Join us at UNICEF, as we work in the world’s most challenging environments to make a profound difference in young lives.
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is committed to reaching the world’s most disadvantaged children in some of the most challenging environments. Our mission encompasses saving their lives, advocating for their rights, and helping them realize their potential. Spanning across 190 countries and territories, our vision is a better world for everyone.
Position: Child Protection Area of Responsibility (AoR) Coordinator
- Job ID: 564984
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno (Exclusively for non-Nigerian nationals)
- Level: P-4
- Categories: Child Protection
- Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Coordination and Strategy
- Establish and maintain humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
- Engage all Child Protection actors ensuring adherence to Partnership Principles.
- Produce sectoral reports and regularly update child protection mapping in north-east Nigeria.
- Advocate for harmonized actions within the Sector, ensuring resource allocation, integration of cross-cutting issues, and flexibility to adapt.
- Interact with other sectors and government counterparts for operational planning.
- Participate in Protection, GBV, Mine Action, and other relevant AoR meetings.
- Build robust partnerships, promoting child protection mainstreaming.
Service Delivery and Support
- Drive service delivery aligned with strategic priorities.
- Manage the Sector/AoR coordination team, ensuring performance monitoring.
- Inform the HC/HCT’s strategic decisions for humanitarian response.
Advocacy and Preparedness
- Lead advocacy activities, addressing child protection concerns.
- Undertake contingency planning for potential disasters.
- Foster accountability to the affected populations.
- Lead the annual coordination performance monitoring.
- An Advanced University Degree in fields such as International Development, Human Rights, Psychology, Sociology, or International Law.
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience in child protection and social development planning at the international level.
- Prior experience in a similar coordination role.
- Proficiency in English. Other UN languages will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, writing, and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
UNICEF’s Core Values
All candidates should embody UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS). For an in-depth understanding, explore our UNICEF Values Charter.
How to Apply
Deadline: 28th August, 2023 (West Central Africa Standard Time).
If you believe you have the passion and skills to make a difference for every child, click here to apply online.
Be a voice for every child. Step forward and shape the future with us
REGISTER EMAIL FOR UPDATES
- Steps to Register Free
- First enter your email id in following text box
- Click on “Register” button
- Login your email and verify your free subscription.
For the latest updates on UNICEF Recruitment 2023, make sure to regularly visit voiceofnigeria.org.ng. This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding recruitment opportunities with UNICEF. Stay informed and don’t miss out on potential career prospects with this renowned organization by staying connected to voiceofnigeria.org.ng.