USA Work Visa Types 2023 – Because of the high incomes and pleasant working environment, all international applicants who come from poor nations or nations with low employment rates try to immigrate to the United States or another developed country in order to begin their careers and earn money.
In this post, we will do our best to explain the many different types of work visas that are available in the United States, as well as the application process that must be followed in order to receive one of these visas. The majority of the time, obtaining permission can be accomplished in one of two ways.
Therefore, if you want to work in a foreign nation after traveling there, you will need a work visa in order to enter the country and begin working there. It is a form of authorization that grants non-native candidates or applicants from other countries permission to enter the country and seek employment there.
In this article, we will do our best to explain the many types of US work visas as well as the application process for obtaining them. Getting a permission can basically be done in one of two ways, which are as follows:
- Temporary employee
- Permanent/sponsored employee.
Therefore, in the event that you choose to submit an application for a temporary employee work visa in the United States, you will submit an application for a non-immigrant work visa. On the other hand, you will require an immigrant visa in order to be hired on a permanent basis by an employer.
Today, we will address some of the more frequently asked issues that you have regarding the application procedure for a work visa in the United States. Some questions emerge, for instance;
What is a US work visa?
The United States requires all international applicants to get a work visa before they may enter the country and begin looking for employment there.
What is a US temporary Work Visa?
Candidates from other countries are granted permission to enter the United States on a temporary basis or for a set amount of time if they have been granted a temporary work visa by the United States. After the validity of your work visa has expired, you are not permitted to remain in the country. In either your visa application or employment contract, you are required to specify the length of time that your work visa will be valid.
USA Work Visa Types 2023
I have listed all of the different sorts of work visas for the United States that are appropriate for your employment and work goals so that it is more evident to all of you.
- If you want to work for a government agency that does research and development and you have a degree from an accredited college or university, you will need a visa that allows you to work in a specialty occupation.
- If you want to work in a Specialty Occupation and have a post-secondary degree with at least four years of study in the field, you will need an H1B1 visa.
- This type of visa is for people from other countries who want to work in the United States for a short time or during the summer.
- If you want to visit the U.S. for a short time and work in a field other than agriculture, you will need an H-2B visa.
- You need to have an H-3 visa in order to participate in any training program that is neither academic or medical in nature.
- If you are a candidate who is interested in working in the field of media or information, you are required to hold an I visa.
- The L1 work visa is required of you if you want to work in the United States for a branch or parent company that is based in another nation but has operations in the United States.
- You will require a P-1 visa if you are a member of an entertainment group or a team athlete and you wish to travel to the United States for the purpose of performing or competing.
- You will require a P-2 visa in order to participate in an exchange program that is run between your nation and the United States of America.
- You will require a P-3 visa if you want to teach, perform, or coach as part of a program that is new in the field of folk, cultural, traditional ethnic, musical, dramatic, or artistic performance.
- You will require an R-1 visa in order to work for a religious organization if you are a minister, a preacher, or if you have religious commitments. If you wish to work for a religious organization.
- You will need to submit an application for a TN visa if you wish to work in the United States and are either an engineer, a lawyer, or a scientist.
- Those who can demonstrate remarkable skills in a variety of fields, including education, science, business, athletics, art, etc., may be eligible for this sort of work visa.
Application Procedure for US work visa.
Before submitting your application for a work visa in the United States, you are going to need to have the following three things with you. These things are as follows:
Job Offer: You need to have a job offer from the United States in order to be eligible to apply for a work visa from that country.
USCIS: Your employer will have to file a petition for a non-immigrant worker with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in order for you to be eligible for the work visa. You will be eligible to submit an application for a work visa in the United States once your permit has been approved.
Labor Certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL): A certificate from the Department of Labor is necessary for obtaining certain visas, including all forms of H visas. Your employer will approach these people on your behalf and make this request.
- Canada Work Visa – Make 5000 Naira An Hour
- UK Work Visa Application For Nigeria 2023
- Australia Work Visa Application Open to Nigerian
Required Documents for US work visa
- A valid passport
- US visa photo
- The receipt number mentioned on your Non-immigrant worker form.
- A confirmation form (DS-160 Form)
- All the receipts prove you have submitted the application fee.
- Proof that you will return to your country after the expiration of your work visa.
If you want further information regarding the documents that are required, you could get in touch with the US Embassy in your area.
Application Process for US Work visa
To submit an application for a work visa in the United States, you will need to follow the few steps that are outlined below;
- Finish off your application for a non-immigrant visa (DS-160) online and make sure to print out the confirmation page. It is required that all responses be made in English.
- Set up a time for your interview. If you are less than 13 years old or older than 80 years old, you probably won’t need to have an interview call.
- Please be present for the interview.
- Finish any extra steps, such as getting your fingerprints digitized.
Cost of US work visa application form
You will be required to pay a fee of $190 in order to submit your application for a work visa in the United States. There is also the possibility of additional fees, the specifics of which you will need to confirm with the United States Embassy in your area.
The majority of applicants have questions about the United States work visa, which is why we have decided to write a post about the different types of United States work visas and the requirements for applying for one; we hope that this blog will be useful for people who are looking for work visas in the United States.