WPE Capacity Building Assistant (Borno)
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Employment Category: Full-Time
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: Not Specified
International Rescue Committee (IRC) invites application for following position.
WPE Capacity Building Assistant – MMC/Jere
Requisition ID: req6329
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Summary of Responsibilities
- The GBV Prevention Staff assists the Program Manager/Coordinator with activities of the WPE program specifically in the spectrum of GBV prevention. The Prevention staff will performs training functions in the camps and host communities in Yobe state. She/he will help design prevention activities that will improve on program quality. Will take the lead in planning and conducting Trainings on GBV and human rights issues and the monitoring and evaluation of training and sensitization activities.
- The Prevention staff will take the lead in developing IEC materials that will improve on prevention and response of GBV, collates reports and statistics on trainings and sensitizations conducted in the field and submit to program Manager/Coordinator. She/he in collaboration with GBV Program Manager/Coordinator, provides technical assistance in relation to prevention activities and prepares standardized training modules.
- The Capacity Building Assistant further helps to establish collaborative relationships with collaborating partners, local Partners, local authorities in particular the SEMA and NEMA, Police, medical personnel, all IRC Sectors , women groups, and youth’s groups, and ensures that trainings are developed to meet their needs and also work with GBV Actors for a coordinated referrals for GBV Survivors.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Take lead in all GBV training activities.
- In collaboration with IRC Local partners, community mobilizer and case worker plan and conduct prevention activities including but not limited to awareness raising campaigns and community sensitizations.
- Carryout a GBV training needs assessment for WPE staff, IRC sector staff, Partners, Women’s groups, community groups and other community stakeholders.
- In collaboration with community mobilizer, case worker, conduct sensitizations and Trainings to Women’s groups Youth groups, and CBOs on GBV issues.
- Develop and implement prevention strategies.
- Promote the involvement of men and youth in GBV activities.
- Facilitate role-plays regarding gender-based violence
- Ensure pre and post testing are done and documented.
- Seek out new material(s) that will improve training content.
Planning, Collaboration And Coordination:
- Design, implement and evaluate quality GBV training in a systematic and consistent manner by establishing GBV training procedures
- With community input, develop community education methods, which may include workshops, drama, games, debates, poster contest, youth clubs, and other creative methods.
- In collaboration with Community Mobilization Assistant, case worker and local partners, Conduct focus groups and keep detailed documentation about information gathered. Consider this information in planning and conducting animation, sensitizations and to design IEC materials.
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with established protocols and within ethical guidelines.
- In collaboration Community Mobilization Assistant, hold weekly meetings with Women’s group’s to discuss issues like women’s rights, decision-making and gender equality.
- Promote women’s active participation in the leadership and decision-making of the community.
- Liaise with IRC local partners, community leaders, government agencies and other appropriate agencies to build support and solicit cooperation and assistance to GBV activities.
- In collaboration with WPE Community Mobilization Assistant, Mothers’ groups, community groups, identify training needs and carryout trainings in a consistent and appropriate manner.
- Also in collaboration with Community Mobilization Assistant, establish, form and train Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) group members and also establish Group Discussion Series (DGS) with VSLA members and their spouses or representatives to discuss on household decision making process.
- Collaborate with Community Mobilizers in identifying, Forming and training Engaging Men Through Accountable Practices (EMAP) Facilitators for behavioral and attitudinal change towards ending violence against women and girls and monitoring of their weekly meetings.
- Communicate with the WPE Manager/Coordinator on progress, constraints, and training needs identified and any other matters pertaining to the operations of the GBV Program.
- In collaboration with WPE Staff design an effective and appropriate training strategy, plan of action and project time line.
- Meet with WPE Manager/coordinator on a weekly basis to coordinate work schedules.
- Assist WPE Program Manager/Coordinator in strategic planning to ensure ongoing Programming.
- Compile and summarize weekly and monthly statistics and narrative reports and submit to Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Attend GBV monthly meetings and other IRC meetings as required by GBV Program Manager.
- Properly file all reports on trainings and meetings conducted.
- Communicate all obstacles/Problems to WPE Program Manager to discuss for further action to address the obstacles/problems.
- Ensure that all liquidations in a timely manner with relevant supporting documentations.
- Submit all financial request in a timely manner
- Follow-up on training/Sensitization/meetings conducted to ensure implementation of plans.
- AVOID MAKING FALSE PROMISES TO BENEFICIARIES ON BEHALF OF IRC.
- Carryout work with respect to IRC security concerns, protocols and established policy inclusive of ensuring the safety of IRC beneficiaries from exploitive relationships.
- Ensure working as part of a TEAM AND BE FLEXIBLE
- Must be a graduate from a reputable institution.
- Must have working experience in GBV for at least 2 years.
- Previous experience as a trainer, Prefer experience with participatory techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable in using the computer, including word processing programs.
- Must possess interest and commitment to human rights, gender, gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
- Ability to lead, train, facilitate and motivate other WPE staff in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in Community Language written and spoken English. Fluency in Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Ability to work as a Team and must be flexible.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Why NigeriaRecruitmentForm for IRC Free Job Alert?
Nigeria Recruitment Form is the one stop place for International Rescue Committee Nigeria Jobs 2019 notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Here in this website we will ensure that at International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2019 Portal updates get notified to all our visitors. We help both fresher and experienced non graduates to get International Rescue Committee Nigeria openings across Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Help improve this news portal, and if there is any mistake or any lack of information / facts in any news or excerpt, or if there is any copyright objection, then inform it at comment section. Simultaneously give full information with facts. The article can be corrected or removed.