Looking for a grant to fund your education program in Africa?
Apply now for the Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024 and receive a $35,000 research grant in cash, along with up to $25,000 for mentorship, study visits, conference travel, and workshops.
Continue reading to discover additional information about the Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024, and take the first step towards receiving a $35,000 research grant in cash, as well as up to $25,000 for mentorship, study visits, conference travel, and workshops. Apply now and advance your education program in Africa.
Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024: Applications Open
The Global Education Analytics Institute (GEAI) and PEP have announced the opening of applications for the Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024.
This program provides a two-year research and policy development fellowship opportunity to young African researchers who are passionate about educational improvement and could benefit from additional support.
Grant Funding of $35K and Other Benefits
Selected fellows will receive a $35,000 research grant in addition to other benefits.
The program also offers mentorship, study visits, conference travel, and in-country workshops to share research findings and training, with a value of up to $25,000.
The program is supported by the Yidan Prize.
To apply, applicants must be:
- A national of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Proficient in quantitative data analysis, with strong knowledge of data analysis software such as R and Stata
- Under 35 years of age
- Applicants are expected to hold a master’s or Ph.D. degree in Economics, education policy, social/public policy, development studies, or international development, with a strong focus on education. GEAI highly encourages fresh Ph.D. graduates to apply.
- Interested in education policy research and analysis
- Affiliated with a research or higher education institution in a Sub-Saharan African country and intend to do so for the foreseeable future.
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Africa Fellows application process is managed by GEAI in collaboration with PEP. Applicants must submit their expressions of interest before May 21, 2023 (23:59 GMT) through the PEP intranet system.
The expression of interest must include:
- A two-page statement of interest
- A two-page essay on a specific education problem in their home country and how it could be scientifically evaluated using quantitative methods
- A detailed and updated CV with at least two referees whom the selection committee can contact.
Here is the application process in four easy steps:
Step 1: Register on the PEP website and fill out all required information. Your profile will be activated within 24 hours, and your username will be the email address you used to register.
Step 2: Access your PEP account by clicking on the Login button.
Step 3: Complete your profile by clicking on your name on the top right corner of your PEP account page.
Step 4: To submit a proposal, proceed to step four by selecting the menu located under “My workspace” in the top left corner and clicking on “Submit a proposal.”
The applications will be assessed based on several factors, including prior preparation and the quality of the essay. Successful applicants will be informed in July 2023.