Recruitment Open: Federal Fire Service Opens Doors for Aspiring Firefighters
Calling all courageous individuals with a passion for service and a heart for public safety! The Federal Fire Service of Nigeria is on the lookout for dedicated individuals to join their ranks, offering a chance to make a real difference in the lives of your fellow citizens.
Whether you envision yourself battling blazes head-on or ensuring fire safety protocols are met, the Federal Fire Service has a place for you. Application form availlable at cdcfib.career. Below is detailed information about FFS Recruitment:
The official announcement, issued by the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB), opens a window of opportunity for those between 18 and 35 years old who possess the necessary grit and determination. But before you jump into the metaphorical fire hose, let’s explore the details.
Available Positions and Requirements
The recruitment drive encompasses various positions within the service, each catering to diverse skillsets and aspirations. Here’s a glimpse into the available opportunities:
- Inspectorate Cadre:
- Inspector of Fire (IF): For registered nurses, midwives, or nurse-midwives, this role involves medical expertise within the fire service framework.
- Assistant Inspector of Fire (AIF): Individuals with NCE or National Diploma in any relevant field can contribute their knowledge and skills to fire safety and prevention.
- Assistant Cadre:
- Fire Assistant II (FA II): This frontline position requires dedication and quick thinking. Applicants with GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO, or their equivalents with a maximum of five credits in two sittings can apply.
- Fire Assistant III (FAIII)/Appliance Driver (Specialist): Combining firefighting duties with driving expertise, this role demands a cool head and responsible driving skills. Similar educational qualifications as FA II are required, along with a Class E Drivers’ License as an added advantage.
Key Eligibility Criteria
While specific requirements vary for each position, some core eligibility criteria apply across the board. To be considered, you must be:
- A Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Possess the necessary qualifications for your chosen position.
- Between 18 and 35 years old.
- Meet the minimum height requirement (1.65m for males and 1.60m for females).
- Have a chest measurement of at least 0.87m for men (if applying for firefighting roles).
- Possess basic computer literacy (an added advantage).
Ready to Apply? Here’s How:
The application process is entirely online, eliminating the need for physical forms and lengthy queues.
Simply head over to the CDCFIB website (https://cdcfib.career/) and submit your application within six weeks from the date of publication.
Beware of Deception: Stay Alert to Fake Ads
Remember, the Federal Fire Service takes its recruitment process seriously.
In a recent statement, spokesperson Abraham Paul clarified that any viral advertisements claiming to be part of the ongoing recruitment are false. Be vigilant and only rely on official channels for accurate information.
Join the Ranks, Protect the Nation:
Becoming a firefighter isn’t just a job; it’s a calling. It’s about facing danger head-on, rescuing lives, and ensuring the safety of your community.
If you possess the courage, the resilience, and the unwavering commitment to service, the Federal Fire Service welcomes you with open arms.
So, step up, apply now, and embark on a journey where every day holds the potential to become a hero’s tale.