The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has opened its portal for online applications for the recruitment of Ad-Hoc staff.
The application form can be accessed via the INEC recruitment website.
This article outlines the essential guidelines that will improve your chances of being recruited in the INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Recruitment exercise.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, formally known, was established 21 years ago, in 1998, as an autonomous electoral body.
It is responsible for administering elections in Nigeria. For more information about the organization, upcoming elections, past results, analysis, Nigerian political parties, polling places, voters, election schedules, voter education, job openings, and more, visit the INEC website at www.inecnigeria.org.
Voiceofnigeria.org.ng provides updates about the opening of the INEC Ad-hoc Recruitment Portal for available opportunities in the organization.
INEC is inviting applications for participation as Ad-Hoc Staff in the upcoming off-cycle Governorship Elections scheduled for Bayelsa, Imo, and Kogi States.
INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2023
The portal for 2023 INEC Ad-hoc Staff recruitment is pres.inecnigeria.org.
The portal is currently active, and applications are being submitted. If you face difficulties accessing the portal, kindly exercise patience and try again later.
This situation may arise due to the recent announcement of the INEC recruitment update, resulting in a high volume of applicants trying to access the portal simultaneously.
As a result, intermittent accessibility issues may occur. Your patience is appreciated, and waiting for a short while before retrying should help you gain access successfully.
- INEC Application Portal Opening: Thursday, 31st August, 2023, 8:00 AM
- Closing Date: Monday, 2nd October, 2023, 12:00 Midnight.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
All potential applicants are directed to visit the Eligibility Page, which outlines the qualifications and criteria required for various Election Staff Positions.
For Returning Applicants:
If you already have a profile on this portal (from the 2019 Registration) or if you are in the process of applying for the 2023 Bayelsa, Kogi, and Imo Governorship Election Staff Positions, kindly use the link below to log in and update or finalize your Registration.
For New Applicants:
Individuals aspiring for the available Election Staff Positions for the 2023 Bayelsa, Kogi, and Imo Governorship Election are required to initiate the Registration process by clicking on the provided link.
Outlined below are the available positions and their respective requirements. Please review these instructions carefully before starting your registration:
Positions Open for Application:
- SUPERVISORY PRESIDING OFFICER (SPO)
- Requirement: Must hold a position as a Public/Civil Servant ranging from Grade Level 10-14 OR be a Registration Area Officer/INEC staff not engaged in other duties (GL 10-14).
- REGISTRATION AREA CENTER (RAC) MANAGER
- Requirement: Must be either the Head of a School or a staff member (GL 07 and above) of the school/institution/public building hosting the RAC.
- PRESIDING OFFICER (PO) / ASSISTANT PRESIDING OFFICER (APO)
- Currently serving as a Corps member OR
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria with IT knowledge OR
- A Permanent staff of an MDA with an OND qualification or within GL 07 – 10 OR
- A former corps member (Not later than 2021, i.e., 2021, 2022, 2023)
- REGISTRATION AREA TECHNICAL SUPPORT (RATECH)
- Applicants must have an IT background
- Must be a suitable INEC ICT Staff (State & HQ) of the Commission not engaged in any other duties
- Applicants must not be affiliated with any political party
- Applicants must not have demonstrated or expressed support for any candidate or party
- Applicants must reside in the chosen STATE except for RATECHs.
Returning Applicants should select the category that currently applies to them for enrollment.
Prerequisites for Registration:
Before proceeding with the registration on this portal, ensure you have the following information at hand:
- A functional email address
- An operational mobile phone number
- Your personal bank account number
- A recent passport photograph with a white background (file size not exceeding 5MB)
- Contact details of two referees, including email addresses and phone numbers
- A valid Staff ID No./Student ID No. (as indicated on your ID Card)
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2018)
- NYSC Callup Number for current corps members (2022)
- A copy of your highest qualification in .pdf format
- A copy of a means of identification in .jpg or .jpeg format
If you have not yet created an account or registered on this platform, follow the steps below:
- Review the requirements for available positions, ensuring your eligibility.
- Click on the “Register” button and adhere to the provided instructions.
- Generate your unique password.
- Upon password creation, the portal will automatically log you in and present the application form.
- Complete the Application Form, divided into three sections: Personal Information, Contact Information, and Bank Details. Ensure to enter your details accurately, as changes cannot be made once the form is submitted.
- Upload a recent passport photograph with a plain white background (size not exceeding 5MB).
- Provide information about your referees.
- Affirm your agreement to the provided attestation.
- Submit the completed application.
- Print your acknowledgment slip, a mandatory document for final verification.
Please double-check your information before submitting, as all submissions are final. Deployment will be based on your chosen state of residence.
APPLICATION PORTAL: https://pres.inecnigeria.org/applicantion
FAQs on INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Recruitment
YES! To see if you can apply for any job, look at ELIGIBILITY.
No, you can’t. Everyone must only apply for one job.
Yes, you can get your password if you forget it. Click on Login and then choose reset it on the page.
This might be because your picture is too big. Make your picture smaller before you put it.
(i) A thank you slip will show for printing.
(ii) A well done message will be sent to your email.
Your thank you slip will be ready after you finish your application.
If you can’t see your picture on your Preview Page, click on “My Account” at the top right of your screen and then click on Update photograph on the left side and put your picture again.