Kebbi to Distribute N75,000 Each to Over 200,000 Residents
Good news for residents of Kebbi State! The state government, through the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, has announced a generous cash transfer program aimed at alleviating hardship and boosting well-being. 211,699 beneficiaries across all 21 local government areas (LGAs) are set to receive a total of N75,000 each (distributed in three instalments of N25,000).
The program, known as the Renewed Hope Cash Transfer (RHCT), targets both existing beneficiaries listed on the National Social Register (NSR) and new individuals identified through the Rapid Response Register (RRR). A total of 160,708 beneficiaries from the NSR and 51,258 from the RRR are eligible for the program.
The enrollment process is currently underway in all 21 LGAs, covering 71 wards and 3,308 communities across the state.
The state cash transfer unit is actively conducting registration, ensuring transparency and inclusivity.
The RHCT program is part of a larger national initiative, the National Social Safety Net Project Scale-Up (NASSP-SU), under the President Tinubu-led administration.
It aims to:
- Provide financial relief to vulnerable citizens: The N75,000 grant is intended to ease the burden of the current economic reforms and improve beneficiaries’ standard of living.
- Promote well-being and resilience: The program hopes to empower beneficiaries to better cope with challenging economic circumstances and build resilience for the future.
- Contribute to economic development: Increased individual purchasing power through the cash transfer can stimulate local businesses and potentially boost the local economy.
Transparency and Participation:
The Kebbi State government encourages transparency throughout the program.
Residents are urged to visit their communities and inquire whether their community and names are included in the current enrollment list.
This proactive approach ensures inclusivity and avoids potential exclusion of eligible beneficiaries.
The RHCT program represents a significant commitment by the Kebbi State government to the well-being of its citizens.
While challenges may arise during implementation, the initiative holds immense potential to alleviate poverty, boost community resilience, and contribute to a more vibrant state economy.
- The President Tinubu-led administration aims to reach 15 million households nationwide through the Cash Transfer Programme.
- Each beneficiary will receive a total of N75,000 across three payment circles, with each circle distributing N25,000.