Explore the top 13 shipping companies in Nigeria for 2023 with Voice of Nigeria. This comprehensive guide showcases the best shipping companies in the country, offering a range of services including sea, air, and road shipping, logistics support, customs agency, oil and gas services, and much more.
Finding a reliable shipping company is crucial for businesses in Nigeria to succeed.
Top 13 shipping companies in Nigeria
- Danish multinational shipping company, one of the largest in the world.
- Offers container shipping, supply chain management, and port operations.
- Efficient, reliable, and cost-effective services.
- Strong reputation for safe, secure, and timely shipments.
Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)
- Switzerland-based shipping company, one of the best in Nigeria.
- Second-largest shipping line in terms of container vessel capacity.
- Offers container shipping, logistics, and supply chain management.
- Known for advanced technology, efficient processes, and sustainability.
- Safe, secure, and reliable shipping services.
- International forwarder that specializes in managing shipments from one destination to another.
- Shipping services include oil & gas/marine services, global freight forwarding, project logistics, protocol services, and free zone operation.
- Global shipping reputation for handling every detail of shipments.
Comet Shipping Agencies
- Independent agent in Nigeria founded in 1984.
- Extensive experience in handling all types of vessels and cargo.
- Licensed with Customs & Excise to operate as clearing and forwarding agent for sea and air freight.
- Offers complete door-to-door service and same-day clearance service.
Delek Marine Services
- Leading shipping company in Nigeria with headquarters in Lagos.
- Deals mainly with shipments and other maritime services in the oil and gas industry.
- Handles every aspect of petroleum product sourcing and distribution in Nigeria and West Africa.
- Cargo Freight Servicing Company with the slogan “Shipping-Made-Easy”.
- Offers air and ocean freight transportation, customs brokerage, clearance, warehousing, distribution, and nationwide cargo pick up.
Ocean Glory Commodities Limited
- Popular shipping company with offices in Nigeria and abroad in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Calabar, Ghana, and London.
- Offers shipping services, haulage and logistics support, customs agency, oil and gas services, and freight forwarding.
Ocean Glory Commodities Limited
- Has offices in Nigeria and other countries like Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Calabar, Ghana, and London
- Offers shipping services, haulage, logistics, customs agency, oil and gas services, and freight forwarding
IGIT Shipping & Logistics
- Offers sea, air, and road shipping services
- Works with clients in Nigeria and across the world for domestic and international shipping and logistics
Also provides warehousing, customs clearing, and is licensed by Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Ports
- Authority, and Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
- Has branches in countries like Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Niger Republic, Togo, Senegal, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, UAE, India, Singapore, and London
- Privately-owned Nigerian shipping company established in 2009
- Provides local and international shipment services and specializes in freight, marine, maritime support, oil and gas, warehousing, and more
- Handles land, sea, and air freight movement with its head office in Port-Harcourt
Sifax Nigeria Limited
- Oldest Nigerian shipping company with an international presence
- Offers sea and air freight forwarding, ports operations, haulage & logistics, cargo consolidation, ship chartering, stevedoring, and import & sales of crude oil
- Located in Lagos and a subsidiary of Sifax group
King Shipping Trading
- Offers a range of shipping-related activities and stevedoring services through shipping agencies in West Africa
- Also provides logistic services with a fleet of refrigerated vehicles and pick-up trucks for safe deliveries
- Handles all modes of shipment (air, sea, land, courier) and clearing and forwarding services, including handling of ships’ stores in transit
Association Port and Marine Development Company (APMDC)
- Established in 2005, ISO-accredited and fully licensed shipping agency in Nigeria
Offers shipping and logistics services for vessel owners and charterers operating in Nigerian waters
- Has branch offices in Port Harcourt, Warri, Calabar, Onne, and a European representative office in the UK
- Services include ships husbandry, rig movement, bunkering and fuel supplies, vessel clearance, crewing, security, documentation, expatriate quota position, and working visas
Conclusion on Top Shipping Companies in Nigeria 2023
Choosing the right shipping company is important for the success of your business in Nigeria. You can find a shipping solution that fits your needs by considering factors like cost, speed, reliability, and customer service. Whether you’re a small business owner or a large corporation, the right shipping company can have a significant impact on your success. Take time to research and compare your options for a successful and efficient shipping experience.
Leave a Reply