Are you thinking about traveling to the United Kingdom?
Learn about the 2023 UK Visa Application Fees for Nigeria.
Explore the costs for UK Work Visas and UK Student Visas, as well as the straightforward application procedure and necessary criteria.
We provide this information in the English language for your convenience
Get ready to explore new opportunities and fulfill your dreams with a seamless visa experience. Learn more now.
Overview of UK Immigration from Nigeria
UK is a popular destination for a large number of Nigerian people who choose to migrate there each year. Presently, more than 250,000 Nigerians residing in the UK.
These individuals move through different visa categories such as study, work, visitor, and tourist visas. Each visa category comes with its own application fees, and there’s also a health surcharge that must be paid during the application process. This information is presented in the English language for your convenience.
Application Fee for UK Visa in Nigeria
The visa application fees are often quoted in United States Dollars but have been converted to Nigerian Naira using the current exchange rate for the ease of the readers.
Let’s delve into the specifics of each visa category, starting with the UK student visa.
UK Student Visa Fee in Nigeria
The UK fees for these visas are as follows:
- The UK fee for the Student Visa is $485 (Naira 3,82,907).
- The UK fee for the Child Student Visa is $485 (Naira 3,82,907).
- The UK fee for the Short-term Study Visa is $259 (Naira 2,04,480).
UK Student Visa Requirements
To secure a UK Student Visa, students need to:
- Secure an offer letter of acceptance (otherwise called Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or CAS) from their education provider.
- Demonstrate financial ability to support themselves and their studies during their entire study period.
- Prove English language proficiency.
- Provide proof of parental consent if they are 16 or 17 years old.
Documents Required for UK Student Visa
Several documents are necessary for the UK Student Visa application, including:
UK Student Visa: Necessary Documents
- Current Passport: A valid passport is the primary document required. It serves as your identification and is essential for international travel. Ensure it has a validity that extends beyond your period of study.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): You must obtain a CAS from your UK education provider. It is an electronic record that confirms your admission to the course. Ensure you receive it well before applying for the visa.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: You need to showcase that you can financially sustain yourself during your stay in the UK. This can be established through documents like bank statements, or evidence of scholarships and bursaries awarded to you.
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Certificate: Certain courses necessitate an ATAS certificate. If your course requires one, ensure you secure it beforehand. This certificate illustrates you meet the technological requirements of your chosen academic program.
- Parental or Legal Guardian Consent (Under 18): Applicants under 18 years must furnish consent from their parents or legal guardians. This document should state their approval of your travel and stay in the UK for study purposes.
- Proof of Relationship to Parent/Guardian (Under 18): If you’re below 18, you must provide a document that substantiates your relationship with your parent or guardian, such as a birth certificate.
- Tuberculosis Test Results: Depending on your country of residence, you might need to undergo a tuberculosis test. You will need to submit the test results as part of your application process to prove you are free of the disease.
- Sponsor Consent Letter: If your education and living costs are being sponsored, a formal letter from the sponsor is necessary. This letter should detail the extent of the sponsorship and the sponsor’s willingness to cover your costs during your stay in the UK.
Remember to verify the specifics based on your individual circumstances and keep updated with the latest guidelines from the official UK government website
Financial Requirements for UK Student Visa
Students need to show enough money to cover their living expenses.
This amounts to:
- Euro 1334 per month (for nine months) if they choose to live in London.
- Euro 1023 per month (for nine months) if they choose to live outside London.
The UK Student Visa Process
Students should start the Student Visa process at least six months before their course starts. The process involves:
- Applying for a course at a UK university.
- Waiting for the CAS from the university.
- Applying for the UK Student Visa Online or Offline.
- Paying the UK Student Visa application fee.
- Getting all documents ready.
- Attending the Visa interview in the UK Embassy and Consulate office in their home country.
The UK Embassy takes three weeks to review the application for the Student Visa. However, it is advisable to apply early as the processing times may vary.
UK Work Visa Fee in Nigeria
The UK fees for these visas are as follows:
- The UK fee for the Tier 2 General Work Visa is $704 (Naira 5,55,808).
- The UK fee for the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa is $704 (Naira 5,55,808).
- The UK fee for the Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa is $326 (Naira 2,57,377).
Applying for a UK Work Visa from Nigeria
The UK work visa application process requires certain documents, including an international passport, a job offer from a UK-based company, and proof of financial support.
Types of UK Work Visas
The UK Work Visas are divided into several categories, such as:
- Tier 2 General Work Visa: For people who have been offered a skilled job in the UK.
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa: For employees of multinational companies who are being transferred to a UK branch.
- Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa: For people coming to the UK for a short time for work experience or to do a training, an Overseas
Government Language Program, research, or a fellowship through an approved government authorized exchange scheme.
UK Work Visa Requirements
To secure a UK Work Visa, applicants need to:
1. Have a job offer from a UK-based company.
2. Have a Certificate of Sponsorship from your future employer.
3. Show proof of financial ability to support themselves and any dependents.
Documents Required for UK Work Visa
The documents necessary for the UK Work Visa application include:
1. Current Passport.
2. Certificate of Sponsorship from your employer.
3. Proof of sufficient funds such as bank statements.
4. Tuberculosis Test Results.
Financial Requirements for UK Work Visa
Applicants need to show they have enough money to cover their living expenses.
. This amounts to:
• $1,270 if applying from outside the UK.
• $945 if applying from within the UK.
The UK Work Visa Process
The UK Work Visa process should ideally start three months before the date of travel. The process involves:
- Securing a job offer from a UK-based company.
- Getting a Certificate of Sponsorship from your employer.
- Applying for the UK Work Visa online.
- Paying the UK Work Visa application fee.
- Getting all documents ready.
- Attending the Visa interview in the UK Embassy and Consulate office in your home country.
The UK Embassy usually takes three weeks to review the application for the Work Visa.
However, it is advisable to apply early as the processing times may vary.
Remember that all figures provided above may vary slightly based on changes in the exchange rate and immigration fees, so it’s advisable to check the UK government website for the most current information.
You should know that there are extra expenses, like the healthcare surcharge and biometric enrollment fees, that you might have to pay when applying.
Register for UK Visa Application Fee Details
Stay informed about the latest updates on UK Visa Application Fees in Nigeria 2023 by registering for free. By clicking on the Register free link and entering your email ID, you can ensure that you receive regular updates and stay up to date with any changes or developments regarding visa fees. Don’t miss out on important information and updates. Register now to stay informed and make the visa application process smoother and more convenient.
Steps to Register
- First enter your email id in following text box
- Click on “Register” button
- Login your email and verify your free subscription.
FAQs on UK Visa Fee
A: Unfortunately, the UK Visa Application Fee is non-refundable. The fee primarily covers the cost of processing the application, regardless of the outcome. It’s vital to ensure your application is thorough to increase the chances of approval.
A: Payment methods vary based on the country from which you’re applying. Common methods include online payments through credit/debit cards or via bank transfers. Some Visa Application Centers might also accept cash or checks.
A: If you spot an error post-payment, you might have to submit a new application along with another fee. It’s paramount to double-check all details before making the payment to avoid such pitfalls.